Postdoc Discussion List
What is Postdoc Listserv?
Postdoc Listserv is an electronic discussion group. Its primary goal is to establish an interactive network for all biomedical postdocs.
How does it work?
Once you subscribe to the listserv send your emails to the group's email address <email@example.com>. The email is then distributed to all subscribers by the listserv. Only the subscribers can send or reply to emails.
Why should I join?
This gives you the opportunity to reach out and find other postdocs on campus without leaving your desk! You can discuss anything, invite people to your seminars & parties, seek help regarding personal or work related issues, etc.
Are there any Rules or Restrictions?
- Membership is limited to upenn email accounts. You need to use your Upenn email account to subscribe to our group. This is one of the best ways to keep spammers out.
- Email attachments are not allowed for security reasons.
- Abusing the mailing lists by sending commercial advertisements, personal attacks, illegal materials, etc., is not tolerated. Violators will be removed from the list and banned from future membership.
- Biomedical Postdoctoral Council retains the rights to make any changes to the rules which may or may not be published here in full. Please note that these rules are in addition to the Penn's Policy on "Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources".
How do I subscribe?
1) Login to your Penn email account and compose a new mail.
2) To subscribe to our list, send an email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the command:
subscribe postdoc in the body section of the message. You can leave the subject line empty (see figure below). You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
To leave the list, send an email to "email@example.com" with the command:
unsubscribe postdoc in the body section of the message. You can leave the subject line empty. Make sure that you send the email from the email account you used when you subscribed to our list.
If you want to know more about listserv services, please visit the FAQ section of Penn List Management Documentation page at Penn Computing.