- Our Work
Here are some of the projects we are currently working on:
- LiveAware - Engaging physicians, providers, and patients to improve rates of imaging-based screening (current use cases: hepatocellular carcinoma, lung cancer).
- Improving the Outpatient Radiology Experience – Engaging with patients who have upcoming outpatient imaging appointments to set expectations and provide education about their imaging test.
- ED-Radiology Dashboard – Increasing information transfer and communication between the Emergency Department and Radiology to improve patient disposition and triage in the ED.
- AI for radiology reporting and workflow.
- Automated Radiology Results Tracking Engine (ARRTE) – Monitoring patients who need follow-up evaluation based on radiologist recommendations (use cases: abdominal and pelvic imaging, recently expanded to musculoskeletal imaging).
- Penn Medicine Results Clinic – An enterprise-wide initiative to remove the cognitive burden of managing imaging follow-ups from Penn Medicine physicians and clinical providers, while still ensuring patients complete clinically indicated follow-up.
- PORTER – The Patient-Oriented Radiology reporTER annotates radiology reports with definitions and additional information to demystify medical jargon and help patients better understand their reports and the role of imaging in their care.
- Rapid Oncology Evaluation – Fast tracks cancer patients with new symptoms to an imaging evaluation without requiring an ED visit first (use cases: abdominal imaging, spine imaging).
- PreAct – Collaboration with the Penn Center for Healthcare Innovation to facilitate care of patients with newly diagnosed ovarian cancer.
- Capricorn - Enabling radiology residents to monitor their report discrepancies and volumes interpreted.
- Penn Academic Radiology Learning Library (PeARLL) - A learning portfolio and ACGME milestones management tool for radiology residents.