- About the Center
- Getting Treatment at Our Center
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Information for Professionals
- Find a PE Therapist
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Training Course for Supervisors of Prolonged Exposure Therapy
Our next Supervisor's Workshop is scheduled to take place October 23-27, 2017. To register, please review the eligibility requirements ("Who should attend") below, then complete a registration form, found at the bottom of the page, and return to Dr. Sandy Capaldi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Discuss theoretical and empirical background of PE
- Review PE therapy procedures with illustrations from cases treated by CTSA experts
- Summarize supervision methods and formats
- Evaluate PE sessions using adherence and competence rating scales
- Practice providing feedback on PE therapy sessions, using cases treated by novice therapists
This 5-day training begins with a review of theory and empirical work underlying PE. This is followed by a brief overview of PE therapy procedures and assessment methods. The remainder of the workshop focuses on the implementation of PE procedures and training in PE supervision methods. This includes 1) review of the essential elements of treatment rationales and PE sessions; 2) following the guidelines provided in the Supervisor Manual to evaluate therapists' adherence and competence in providing PR therapy; and 3) practicing rating PE sessions and providing feedback to therapists. Participants are given recent theoretical and empirical articles that will provide a review of current PE-related literature, and the PE Supervision Manual, which includes:
- A guide for PE supervisors
- Theoretical and empirical evidence underlying PE
- An overview of supervision methods
- Guidelines for evaluating and providing feedback on delivery of treatment rationales
- An outline of each PE session with an emphasis on what should be addressed in supervision
- PE therapist adherence and competence rating scale
CTSA, 3535 Market Street, 6th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Who should attend:
Licensed mental heath professionals or those working under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional who are certified PE providers (completed the 4-day Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy with a certified PE trainer and completed at least 2 full PE cases under the supervision of a certified PE supervisor). In addition, attendees are required to have completed at least 5 full PE cases independently.
|Dates:||Monday, October 23, 2017 – Friday, October 27, 2017|
|Times:||9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily (8:30 am for check-in and continental breakfast)|
|Cost:||$3,000.00 per person.|
Registration Information and Instructions
Word and PDF versions of the registration form can be found at the bottom of the page.
For the October 2017 workshop, completed registration forms and payment must be received by September 25, 2017. Payments will be processed after that date. No refunds will be available after payment is processed.
Instructions for Completing and Submitting Registration Form:
Please complete the entire form and provide all information requested. Registration forms can be submitted:
Via postal mail to:
Sandy Capaldi, Psy.D.
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3535 Market Street, Suite 600 North
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3309
Via fax to:
Attn: Sandy Capaldi
Via email as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment to:
Once your registration form is received, you will receive a confirmation via email.
- Full payment of $3,000 is due by September 25, 2017.
- Workshop fees are non-refundable after September 25, 2017. Please note that payments will not be processed until the due date of September 25, 2017.
- We accept checks, money orders, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. Unfortunately, we do not accept American Express.
If paying by check, please make check or money order payable to “CPUP”.
Click here for pictures from recent workshops...
Back to Top