- About the Center
- Treatment at the CTSA
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Training Opportunities
- Intensive Workshop in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
- Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Adolescents with PTSD
- Workshop in Coping with Long-Term Active Suicide Program and Prolonged Exposure (CLASP-PE) Protocol
- Consultant Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD
- Professional Opportunities
- PE Certification Program
- Find a PE Consultant
- Find a PE Therapist
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Workshop in Coping with Long-Term Active Suicide Program and Prolonged Exposure (CLASP-PE) Protocol
March 29, 2019
Co-sponsored by: Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association
Who may attend: Mental health professionals from the Consortium with permission from Dr. Carter Cloyd.
Dates: Friday, March 29, 2019
Times: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Cost: Free for clinicians at the Consortium approved by Dr. Cloyd, CE credits for those who want them will cost $30 pending approval from PBTA
5501 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19104
Workshop Description: Dr. Lily Brown from the Center for the Treatment & Study of Anxiety will provide instruction in the combined treatment protocol for CLASP and PE and how to modify PE procedures in order to tailor the treatment to clients at high risk for suicide. Maintaining focus on treatment of PTSD while supplementing treatment with CLASP will be emphasized. Lecture and discussion are used to accomplish the goals of the workshop.
This workshop will:
- Provide background on the relationship between trauma, PTSD, and suicide
- Introduce participants to the underlying theory for CLASP-PE
- Provide instruction on the basic techniques of CLASP-PE
- Detail supplemental measures/practices that will be used as part of CLASP-PE
- Allow eligible participants to sign up for CE credit
Training Faculty: Lily Brown, Ph.D.
Continuing Education Credit:
THE PHILADELPHIA BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATION (PBTA) IS APPROVED BY THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION TO SPONSOR CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS. PBTA MAINTAINS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAM AND ITS CONTENT. THIS PRESENTATION PROVIDES FOUR (4) HOURS OF CE CREDITS FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS.
PBTA IS ALSO AN AUTHORIZED PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS FOR PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS, AND CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERS LICENSED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA - THIS PROGRAM PROVIDES FOUR (4) HOURS OF CE CREDITS.
In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
If all of these requirements are met, you will receive a continuing education certificate at the end of the workshop.
Please find workshop information and the application form here.
Applications are due March 29, 2019.
Instructions for Submitting Application
Applications can be submitted to:
Postal Mail: Lily Brown, Ph.D., CTSA, 3535 Market Street, Suite 600 North, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3309
Via fax to: 215-746-3311, Attn: Lily Brown
Email (as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment): Dr. Lily Brown: email@example.com
Back to Top