Improving Health Care
This course, to be offered on Coursera beginning in 2017, is about improving the American health care system. Explore policies, processes, applications, and innovations that have the potential to transform the delivery of care.
Topics and faculty include:
- the history of health care reform and the impact of the Affordable Care Act (Ezekiel J. Emanuel, MD, PhD)
- applying operations management principles to how patients receive health care (Christian Terwiesch, PhD)
- the need and methods for evaluating health policy and programs (Amol S. Navathe, MD, PhD)
- how behavioral economics and health relate to program design, delivery, and the personal choices people make regarding their own health (Kevin Volpp, MD, PhD)
This overview is designed for the following learners:
- managers and executives in health care organizations
- employees of government agencies, health insurance payors, device manufacturers, and pharmaceutical companies
- anyone curious about health care innovation.
Sign up for free. An optional verified certificate ($49) is offered for this course. To receive an email when Improving Health Care is open for enrollment, join our mailing list.