Commitment to privacy
The Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania is committed to providing access to services and information online in a manner that respects and protects your privacy. This statement describes our information collection practices and explains how we use and protect your personal information. This statement applies only to information collected by this website.
What we collect and why
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Personally identifiable information that you provide voluntarily. This includes demographic information provided on the Certificate in Health Care Innovation application and contact information you provide when signing up for our mailing list or other educational programs. This information is used to process your application, respond to your requests, and communicate with you about programs you have signed up for or expressed interest in.
- Auto-collected information (web logs). Our web server automatically recognizes the Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed our web site, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visited on our site, as well as information automatically forwarded by your browser. This information is used to help us understand aggregate uses of our site, track usage trends, and improve our services. Web logs may also be used for system problem monitoring and maintenance. This information is retained [EITHER: for <INSERT amount of time> OR: on a temporary basis] and then deleted completely from our systems.
Our office is committed to ensuring the security of your information. We have put in place reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the information collected online.
Sharing your information
We will not share your information with third parties except:
- As required by law,
- As necessary to protect the University’s interests,
- With service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed in writing to protect the confidentiality of the data, or
- In instances that you permit OR in accordance with your consent.
Penn has contracted with third parties that have met industry-standards for security to take in necessary data, such as credit card information, to store, transmit, and process this transaction securely. If you are authorizing periodic payments, these third parties will retain the information you have provided when necessary to process such payments.
Links to other websites
This site may contain links to other web site not affiliated with our office. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites, including other University of Pennsylvania sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of other sites for assurance that their practices safeguard your privacy.
Changes to statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time and will post the changes on this page.
We welcome suggestions and questions about our privacy statement. Please send them to email@example.com. If you have questions about privacy at Penn overall, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-888-BEN-TIPS, or visit www.upenn.edu/oacp/privacy/.