Professional Development > Course Descriptions
Take professional development courses in Health Care Innovation taught by internationally recognized leaders in the areas of health policy, behavioral economics, operations management, and health care innovation. The program brings together Penn faculty from the Perelman School of Medicine, the Wharton School, the Leonard Davis Institute for Health Economics, and the Penn Medicine Center for Health Care Innovation. A new course begins every other month, so you can match your studies to your schedule and interests. Courses are online and 8 weeks long, with specific start and end dates. A combination of self-directed and interactive learning activities allows for both flexibility and the opportunity to engage with fellow innovative health professionals.
PRICE: $1,549 per course. Pre-pay for 4 courses upfront for savings and exclusive benefits. See Fees & Policies for more details.
What will I learn?
Health Care Innovation courses are designed to enable learners to do the following:
- Better position reforms or innovations in your organization based on national trends and emerging regulations.
- Enable a health care organization to improve its operations.
- Design new approaches to strategies affected by health behavior.
- Apply common empirical research methodologies to policy and program analysis.
- Lead high-impact innovation efforts in and beyond health care settings.
- Analyze interactions between the players in a health care market, using economic frameworks and models.
If you want to dive deeper into studying and applying these areas, with more networking and faculty interaction, consider the online Master of Health Care Innovation degree.