Ongoing PSOM Guidance
I write to provide clarification on and updates to ongoing PSOM guidance as we continue to see a return to pre-pandemic conditions.
- Masking: on Friday, June 11, 2021, the University issued guidelines in accordance with the Philadelphia Department of Public Health updated masking guidance. If you are fully vaccinated, in most situations on the University campus you do not have to wear a mask indoors or outdoors. However, we must continue to be vigilant for the members of our community who are unvaccinated and are at risk.
When are you required to continue wearing a mask? If you are:
- Not fully vaccinated, the University is requiring you to wear a mask inside University buildings until further notice.
- Inside healthcare settings, including all Penn Medicine clinical facilities (including Smilow Lobby and elevators).
- Using public transportation, including Penn Transit.
- Vaccination status in Workday: all current faculty, staff, students, and post-doctoral trainees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than August 1, 2021. COVID-19 vaccination status for staff, postdocs, and faculty must be recorded securely and confidentially via Workday; detailed instructions are appended below. Students will follow their customary process for uploading immunization records through the Student Health Service portal.
- Meetings and events with food: because eating indoors remains one of the higher-risk activities for disease transmission, continue to use designated spaces for eating. Indoor meetings should not include food and drink at this time. Please consider boxed/grab-and-go food options or outdoor events if catering is requested.
Please note that these guidelines are fluid and subject to change, and public health guidance on campus continues to evolve. Updates and current information posted are here. We have the very best interests of our community in mind as we consider every aspect of our return to campus plan.
Jon Epstein, MD | EVD/CSO
Follow us on Twitter: @PennMedEVDCSO
Vaccination status in Workday:
Log in to Workday@Penn
- Go to https://www.myworkday.com/upenn/login.htmld
- Provide your PennKey username and password. Workday requires secure, two-factor authentication, so please have your mobile device or other method readily available if required.
Go to Your Profile
- Navigate to your profile by clicking the blue cloud icon in the upper right corner of the Workday home screen and click on your name.
- Click on the “Personal” menu on the left-hand column.
- Choose the “Individual Vaccination” tag along the top of that screen.
- If you are an academic affiliate, enter “Affiliate Vaccinations” in the search bar. Your process is then the same.
Add Vaccination Information
- Click the button marked “Add Vaccination.”
- Fill in these fields: Date, Type, Manufacturer, and Dose. Dose will appear after you choose the manufacturer. Lot Number, Site/Location, and Proof of Vaccination are optional fields. If you choose to upload an image of your vaccination card, we recommend you add it only once after you complete the doses (some manufacturers require two doses separated by three to four weeks).
- Check the box indicating your agreement.
- Click Ok.
If you make a mistake, delete your entry, and start over by clicking “Delete” at the far right of the entry line. If your vaccine required a second dose, you must repeat these steps to upload the information for each dose separately.