Be sure to review the Guidelines for Selecting Extramural Consultants
- Keep lists of individuals
- you meet at conferences
- with whom you serve on committees or boards
- mentioned by colleagues you know and respect
- who publish in the same or similar journals
- Meet with invited speakers at Penn
- Ask your mentors and PSOM colleagues about speaking opportunities for yourself
- Ask your mentors to review your list
- Review the presenter list from conferences or meetings you've attended (usually via the website).
- Review the member list of societies to which you belong.
- Use the US News and World Report list of top ranked medical schools to find peer institutions and the individuals who work in your field for these schools.
- Do a PubMed search on a focused area of your research and scholarship.