Penn Medicine's clinical trial listing, search and recruitment platform
COVID-19 Clinical Trials:
Penn Medicine currently has active clinical trials for patients with COVID 19, a plasma donation protocol for those that have recovered from COVID-19 and a vaccine trial for health volunteers.
Please visit www.pennmedicine.org/covidtrials to view these trials, or call 215-573-3302. Each trial has different eligibility criteria. Final decision to see if someone is eligible to be in the clinical trial is made by the clinical trial team
A clinical trial is a research study involving patient volunteers that are conducted to find safe and effective treatments for a variety of health conditions. They are critical to the advancement of medicine and improving patient health.
Participating in clinical trials offers patients the opportunity to try new and effective treatments that could potentially improve their condition while taking part in vital research that can benefit many future patients.
Search for non- cancer clinical trials here: https://clinicalresearch.itmat.upenn.edu/
Search for cancer clinical trials here ( this link takes patients to the Emerging Med platform): https://app.emergingmed.com/acc-upenn/trials/
If you are not able to find a research study that suits your needs, participation in the research volunteer registry may benefit you if you are interested in participating in upcoming research studies. The registry will collect and maintain information about you so that we may contact you for future research studies when we have them at the UPenn iConnect. Based on the information you give us, we may be able to partially determine whether you are eligible for a research study, when one is available.
Link to the iConnect Volunteer Registry: https://clinicalresearch.itmat.upenn.edu/volunteers/registration/
Clinical Research Teams
As of October 2019, all clinical trials will be made viewable and searchable to patients and the public. Penn Medicine has an obligation to our patients to increase access and visibility to all clinical research being conducted on premises.
Watch a video on iConnect: http://trialx.com/wp-content/uploads/TrialX_iConnect.mp4 iConnect at Penn Medicine is powered by TrialX
Training for Research Teams: To list your trial and start using iConnect complete the 15 minute Knowledge Link e-module “iConnect e-module Training”.
Please be sure to complete the test at the end of the module, and fill the access request form at the end of the training (RedCap form). Click the submit button after the training to request access. The OCR team will create an account for you within 24-48 hours.
Once we build your account we will be able to link your profile to your study in iConnect. Alternately, you should also be able to add your study to iConnect, if it doesn’t already exist in the system.
To add a new research team member to a study, send a request to OCR (firstname.lastname@example.org), with subject: iConnect- Addition or Removal of study team member.
Click the arrow in the heading, to learn about the Recruitment features in Penn Medicine“s clinical trial listing and recruitment portal, iConnect.
Features in iConnect to help recruitment:
- NEW! Use Pennkey to login: iConnect Login will transition to Single Sign On using Pennkey and password, from the week of June 29th 2020.
- Trial import post IRB approval: research studies are imported into iConnect from the data warehouse post IRB approval and “held” till activation, reducing manual entry of information. Simply listings research studies on iConnect does not require separate IRB modification. Read Memo here.
- Recruitment Specialist: At this time, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Short pre-screening tool built into trial page*: Create short pre-screening questions into your iConnect trial page, reduce false positives before you see patient on-site.
- Recruitment campaign tracker: Track the success of your recruitment campaign (flyer, TV ads, radio, etc.) real-time and longitudinally using a trackable phone number and email.
- Website and flyer creation*: web- based, using a few clicks
- App Bakery*: DIY web based study app builder that requires no programming. App specifications are built through a web interface, creates an App for both iOS and Android within minutes.
- Clinical Trial Listing: allows potential participants to conduct quicker web search and directly message the study team.
- Reporting Dashboard: Metrics of trial clicks, views and patient referrals at a glance
- Volunteer Registry*: Find potential participants via the OCR-iConnect registry using your study condition terms. Send an email to OCR (email@example.com) with Subject: Request for Volunteer Registry Data. Allow 48 hours processing time. Attach IRB approval for study to email. No separate IRB approval required to use Volunteer Registry.
* Use of these features requires IRB approval at time of study submission. Please work with OCR for template IRB wording for these features. OCR can also help with brainstorming on how to operationalize these features to enhance recruitment.
Link to the iConnect platform for study teams and patients: http://clinicalresearch.itmat.upenn.edu/participant/ Research staff will have their own login to access their own trials in iConnect.
Questions or Concerns? Contact Office of Clinical Research at 215-662-4484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team