iConnect: Watch A Quick Video Below
Link to iConnect video: http://trialx.com/wp-content/uploads/TrialX_iConnect.mp4
iConnect is University of Pennsylvania’s web-based clinical trial listing, search and recruitment portal. This clinical trial matching technology is designed to make web searches by potential research subjects easier, and allows communication with research teams at Penn, thereby empowering patients to drive their participation in clinical research.
Search for non- cancer clinical trials here: https://clinicalresearch.itmat.upenn.edu/
Search for cancer clinical trials here ( this link takes patients to the Emerging Med platform): https://app.emergingmed.com/acc-upenn/trials/
If you are not able to find a research study that suits your needs, participation in the research volunteer registry may benefit you if you are interested in participating in upcoming research studies. The registry will collect and maintain information about you so that we may contact you for future research studies when we have them at the UPenn iConnect. Based on the information you give us, we may be able to partially determine whether you are eligible for a research study, when one is available.
Link to the iConnect Volunteer Registry: https://clinicalresearch.itmat.upenn.edu/volunteers/registration/
Clinical Research Teams
Watch a video on iConnect: http://trialx.com/wp-content/uploads/TrialX_iConnect.mp4
NEW feature for UPenn clinical research teams: Meet Erica Alshehabi, OCRs new Recruitment Specialist. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with iConnect recruitment.
Features in iConnect to help recruitment:
- Trial import post IRB approval: research studies are imported into iConnect from the data warehouse post IRB approval and “held” till activation, reducing manual entry of information.
- Short pre-screening tool built into trial page*: Create short pre-screening questions into your iConnect trial page, reduce false positives before you see patient on-site.
- Recruitment campaign tracker: Track the success of your recruitment campaign (flyer, TV ads, radio, etc.) real-time and longitudinally using a trackable phone number and email.
- Website and flyer creation*: web- based, using a few clicks
- App Bakery*: DIY web based study app builder that requires no programming. App specifications are built through a web interface, creates an App for both iOS and Android within minutes.
- Clinical Trial Listing: allows potential participants to conduct quicker web search and directly message the study team.
- Reporting Dashboard: Metrics of trial clicks, views and patient referrals at a glance
- Volunteer Registry*: Find potential participants via the OCR-iConnect registry using your study condition terms.
* Use of these features requires IRB approval at time of study submission. Please work with OCR for template IRB wording for these features. OCR can also help with brainstorming on how to operationalize these features to enhance recruitment.
Link to the iConnect platform for study teams and patients: http://clinicalresearch.itmat.upenn.edu/participant/ Research staff will have their own login to access their own trials in iConnect.
Training for Research Teams: To list your trial and start using iConnect complete the 15 minute Knowledge Link e-module “iConnect e-module Training”. Fill the access request form at the end of the training (RedCap form). Click the submit button after the training to request access. The OCR team will create an account for you.
Once we build your account we will be able to link your profile to your study in iConnect. Alternately, you should also be able to add your study to iConnect, if it doesn’t already exist in the system.
* Use of these features requires IRB approval at time of study submission. Please work with OCR for template IRB wording for these features. OCR can also help with brainstorming on how to operationalize these features to enhance recruitment. Simply listing research studies on iConnect does not require separate IRB modification. Read Memo here.
Questions or Concerns? Contact Office of Clinical Research at 215-662-4484 or email email@example.com
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team