Yongqiang (Vincent) Jin
Graduate Student in Bioengineering
University of Pennsylvania
Linyi, Shandong, China
PhD Orthopaedics, 04/2018 – 03/2022, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
MSc (Distinction) Mechanical Engineering, 2016, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
B.E. Mechanical Engineering, 2015, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, China
Research Assistant 10/2016 – 03/2018, Mechanical Engineering & Orthopaedics, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Fencing, Hiking, Running, Bicycling, Ping-pong
Research Areas of Interest
Bone modelling and remodeling, Osteoporotic bone fractures, Finite element analysis (FEA), Elasticity and micromechanics, Biomedical imaging analysis
Best Paper Award, Chinese Society of Bone and Mineral Research, Oct. 2019
Third Young Investigator Prize, International Chinese Musculoskeletal Research Society, Aug. 2019
- Yongqiang Jin*, Yuchen Wang, Teng Zhang, Jiatu Li, Tak Man Wong, Jason Pui Yin Cheung*, William Weijia Lu. Types of vertebral fractures could influence the selection of bone mineral measures to predict biomechanical properties. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 124 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmbbm.2021.104865
- Yongqiang Jin, Teng Zhang, Jason Pui Yin Cheung, Tak Man Wong, Xiaoreng Feng, Tianhao Sun, Haiyue Zu, Kam Yim Sze*, William Weijia Lu. A novel mechanical parameter to quantify the microarchitecture effect on apparent modulus of trabecular bone: A computational analysis of ineffective bone mass. Bone, 135 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bone.2020.115314
- Yongqiang Jin, Teng Zhang, Yuk Fai Lui, Kam Yim Sze, William Weijia Lu*. The measured mechanical properties of osteoporotic trabecular bone decline with the increment of deformation volume during micro-indentation. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 103 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmbbm.2019.103546
Conference Poster and Podium (the underlined) Presentations
- ASBMR (American Society of Bone and Mineral Research) 2020 Annual Meeting Virtual Event. A Clinically Handy Novel Mechanical Parameter to Quantify the Microarchitecture Effect on Apparent Modulus of Trabecular Bone. Sep.11-15, 2020. (Selected as an e-Poster at the ASBMR 2020 Symposium: The Seed and Soil: Therapeutic Targets for Cancer and Bone Virtual Event.).
- The 14th Annual Congress of COA (Chinese Orthopaedic Association). Correlation analysis between trabecular stiffness calculated from µCT-FEA and bone mineral density measured by DXA. Nov. 14-17, 2019. Shanghai, China.
- The 4th ICMRS (International Chinese Musculoskeletal Research Society) Conference. From CT-FEA to RPI-CT-FEA: a try to achieve truly patient-specific bone strength evaluation. Aug. 9-12, 2019. Shenzhen, China.