- Penn PROMOTES Abstract Contest
- 2020 Abstract Contest
2020 Abstract Contest
Penn PROMOTES Research on Sex and Gender in Health is announcing an exciting opportunity for researchers in the Penn community.
Researchers from all fields are invited to submit a 250-word abstract for our virtual poster contest. The research must incorporate the factor of sex and/or gender in some manner. Re-analysis of previously published data to include this element is welcomed. In addition to the abstract, researchers will submit two possible “next steps” to build on these findings.
The top three submissions will be asked to submit a proposal for the $5,000 pilot funding award, and the winner will selected by our expert panel. The top 20 submissions will be featured in our virtual poster session, and audience members will enter a raffle for a $100 gift card by selecting their top 3 posters.
Submissions will be scored on the following characteristics:
- Inclusion of sex and/or gender in the study design
- Quality of research design
- Strength of next steps for establishing future funding
Format of abstract:
- Authors and affiliation
- Two next steps describing research that would be pursued if awarded the $5,000 pilot funding.
- Note: only the introduction, methods, results and discussion sections count toward the 250-word limit. Next steps are expected to be a total of 50-100 words.
Current and past BIRCWH scholars are welcome to submit an abstract for this event, however in order to be considered for the pilot funding award this work must be different from their primary BIRCWH project.
Questions and abstract submissions may be sent to:
BIRCWH Program Coordinator Arden McAllister (email@example.com). Please title the subject line "Penn PROMOTES Abstract Submission".
Submitters must have University of Pennsylvania affiliation.
Abstract submission: October 31, 2020 11:59PM