Pennsylvania Muscle Institute
Annual Retreat and Symposium
“Formation, Maintenance, and Repair of Skeletal and Cardiac Muscle”
Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Deadline for registration and abstract submission: October 24, 2022
Symposium Location: Arthur H. Rubensten Auditorium & Commons, Smilow Center for Translational Research, 3400 Civic Center Boulevard.
- Leslie Leinwand, PhD University of Colorado, Boulder
- "Sarcomere dynamics vary between muscle and in health and disease"
- Mary Baylies, PhD Sloan Kettering Institute
- “Regulation of the size, number, and function of sarcomeres during drosophila muscle growth”
- Dylan Burnette, PhD Vanderbilt University
- "How does a heart grow? A cell biologist wants to know"
- Izhak Kehat, MD PhD Technion Institute
- “Localized translation in cardiomyocytes”
- The Sanger Lab Upstate Medical University
- “Assembly and Dynamics of sarcomeric proteins in myofibrils”
- William Roman, PhD Stanford University
- “Myofiber self-repair after exercise”
- Keita Uchida (Prosser Lab) University of Pennsylvania
- "Dynamics of Cardiomyocyte Translation""
- Nuoying Ma (Mourkioti Lab) University of Pennsylvania
- "Piezo1 is a key mechanosensor for muscle stem cell morphological state transition and function."
- Quentin McAfee (Arany Lab) University of Pennsylvania
- "Truncated titin in human dilated cardiomyopathy"
The day-long symposium will include talks from guest speakers and trainees, and it will include an afternoon reception and poster event.
Sponsored by the Physiological Society of Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Muscle Institute.