Birkan Tunc, Ph.D.
Section of Biomedical Image Analysis
Ph.D. in Computational Science and Engineering - Istanbul Technical University (Istanbul, Turkey)
M.Sc. in Computational Science and Engineering - Istanbul Technical University (Istanbul, Turkey)
B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering - Istanbul Technical University (Istanbul, Turkey)
Development of new methodologies in machine learning, statistical inference, and complex network analysis. Multimodal (genes, neuroimaging, phenotype) study of human mind and computational characterization of nature of mental disorders.
For a full list of publications you can go to: Google Scholar.
- B. Tunc, R. Verma, Unifying Inference of Meso-Scale Structures in Networks, PLoS ONE, 2015. 10(11): e0143133. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0143133. PMCID: PMC4646633
- B. Tunc, M. Ingalhalikar, D. Parker, J. Lecoeur, R. L. Wolf, L. Macyszyn, S. Brem, R. Verma, Individualized Map of White Matter Pathways: Connectivity-based Paradigm for Neurosurgical Planning, Neurosurgery, Vol. 79 (4), pp.568-77, 2016. PMCID: PMC4911597
- B. Tunc, B. Solmaz, D. Parker, T. D. Satterthwaite, M. A. Elliott, M. E. Calkins, K. Ruparel, R. E. Gur, R. C. Gur, R. Verma, Establishing a Link Between Sex Related Differences in the Structural Connectome and Behaviour, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B, 371 (1688), 2016. PMCID: PMC4785897
- B. Tunc, A. R. Smith, D. Wasserman, X. Pennec, W. M. Wells, R. Verma, K. M. Pohl, Multinomial Probabilistic Fiber Representation for Connectivity Driven Clustering, Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI), 2013. PMCID: PMC3974202
- B. Tunç, Robust Face Recognition on Nonlinear Manifolds, Ph.D. Thesis, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey, 2012