Rare Disease Overview ODC Opportunities
As a result of the Million Dollar Bike Ride, the Orphan Disease Center announces a Request for Applications (RFA) to support research from fundraising efforts for $50,000–$65,000 Pilot Grants, and $35,000 Postdoctoral Fellowship Grants. International applications are welcome; the RFA is not restricted to Penn/CHOP or USA researchers.
Pilot grants are available for research related to:
Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD), Congenital Hyperinsulinism (CHI), Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), Mucolipidosis Type IV, Niemann Pick Type C (NPC), Pitt Hopkins,and RASopathies
Postdoctoral Fellowships are available for research related to:
Congenital Muscular Dystrophy (CMD), Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia (HoFH), Friedreich's Ataxia (FRDA),Hemophilia, Mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS), Niemann Pick Type C (NPC), and Tay-Sachs and related disorders
The timeline for the RFA/grant program is as follows:
- RFA Posted: August 1, 2014
- Pre-application deadline: September 15, 2014, documents are to be uploaded no later than 5pm - PRE-APPLICATION IS CLOSED!
- Invitation to submit a Full-application by September 23, 2014
- Full-application deadline: October 20, 2014 (by invitation only) documents are to be uploaded no later than 8PM EST
- Anticipated start date: December 1, 2014
Full Application Information:
- Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- Pilot Grant:
- Budget template
- NIH Biosketch sample
All applicants must become a member in the Orphan Disease Center to participate in this RFA. Please view our membership details.