Participate in Study 1: MEASURE
WHAT DOES PARTICIPATION IN THIS STUDY INVOLVE?
Once you submit your contact information via the link above or below, we will set up a 20-30 minute meeting with
one of our certified research coordinators. During your meeting, you will be asked a series of questions about possible
exposures to asbestos in the Ambler, PA area.
All conversations are confidential.
You will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card at the completion of the survey.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THIS STUDY?
We are interested in talking with two groups of people who have lived in and around the Ambler, PA area:
- People, of any age, who have developed an asbestos related disease or have a family member who
has or had developed a disease related to asbestos.
- People over the age of 35 who have not developed an asbestos related disease.
WHY IS THIS STUDY IMPORTANT?
This study will help us understand if different kinds of exposure to asbestos are linked to the development
of Mesothelioma, Lung Cancers, and other Asbestos Related Diseases in and around the Ambler, PA area.
WHERE CAN I COMPLETE THE STUDY?
After you join the study, we will contact you to set up a meeting. Interviews can conducted over the phone or in person.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
It's easy! Click the button below or call Michael Anderson at 215-746-4272. We look forward to your participation!
Dr. Fran Barg, Principal Investigator
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health
Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
Participate in Study 2: Biomarkers of asbestos exposure and mesothelioma
This study will explore the occurrence of asbestos associated non-malignant pulmonary disease among residents exposed to community-located asbestos in Ambler, Pennsylvania. Participation in this study will last up to 4 years. The study will require at least one visit to the University of Pennsylvania. If you participate in this study, you will be asked to do the following:
- Complete a short medical and lifestyle interview.
- Have a physical exam performed by the study doctor.
- Provide blood samples; 3 tablespoons of blood will be drawn.
- Provide follow-up medical information by phone once a year for up to 4 years.
- Provide an optional blood draw at year 2; 3 tablespoons of blood will be drawn.
- Undergo a Chest CT scan.
For more information, please contact Anil Vachani at email@example.com