CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
in Neurodegenerative Research
(one-page description, full CV and three
reference names) by December 1, 2018 to MINSRisingStarAward@lists.upenn.edu
Rising Star Award
Rising Star Award in Neurodegenerative Research
Call for Submissions
The Mahoney Institute for Neurosciences (MINS) at the University of Pennsylvania is pleased to announce an international call for submissions for the annual Rising Star Award in neuroscience research. To highlight the "Year of Neurodegenerative Research" on Penn's campus, the award honors a young researcher for outstanding contributions to Neurodegenerative Research with a USD 10,000 personal honorarium at the MINS 35th Annual Retreat and Symposium on April 3, 2019.
"Neurodegenerative disorders are major health problems for the elderly, and there are currently no treatments for any of these diseases. I am proud that there is a large research community at Penn, including MINS, at the forefront of research elucidating the etiology and pathogenesis of these devastating disorders," said Virginia Lee, PhD, director of Penn's Center for Neurodegenerative Disease and a MINS faculty member. "We look forward to honoring and facilitating a young researcher to enhance our understanding of age-related neurodegeneration and to advance future therapies."
- In addition to the USD 10,000 personal honorarium, the award recipient will present a research seminar at the symposium and, prior to, a separate introductory lecture on Neurodegenerative Disease.
- Also at the symposium, Prof. Pietro De Camilli, Yale School of Medicine, will give the Sprague Lecture, and Prof. Beth Stevens, will give the Adler Lecture.
- The award recipient will be featured in MINS' Annual Symposium newsletter, distributed to the neuroscience community.
- Researchers who received their first advanced degree, such as a PhD, in 2005 or more recently are invited to submit an entry.
Applicants should submit a single PDF file with:
- A one-page description of their contribution to Neurodegenerative Research
- Full curricula vitae
- Names of three references - references will be requested separately