- Scientific Cores
- Morphology Core Molecular Pathology & Imaging Core (MPIC)
- The Molecular Pathology and Imaging Core is a resource for researchers at Penn, CHOP, and beyond. We offer histological services, equipment, and technical expertise to assist in a variety of research projects.
- Host-Microbial Analytic and Repository Core (H-MARC)
The mission of H-MARC is to provide services that will enhance the analysis of both host and microbial biological processes as well as facilitate translation into the clinical arena via human subject research. H-MARC provides services to address these specific aims that represent the intersection between the host and their microbes in both preclinical and clinical human subject research for the DDRCC Investigator community: 1) Image Analysis and Gene Expression Quantification Facility; 2) Human Biorepository; 3) Penn Metabolomics Core; 4) Microbial Culture & Metabolomics Core, and; 5) Penn Next Generation Sequencing Core.
- Genetically-Modified Mouse Core (GMMC)
- The Genetically-Modified Mouse Core is an Abramson Cancer Center Shared Resource that is approved and funded by the National Cancer Institute.
- Biomedical Data Science Core (BDSC)
- The “Biomedical Data Science Core” (BDSC) provides consultations and fee-for-service support in big data analyses using state-of-the-art methods of data science in biomedical and health research related to digestive disease and liver research. The BDSC provides a critical foundation for advancing the frontiers of biomedical research, providing cutting edge analytical tools to help Penn researchers mine their rich and complex data. To facilitate human subject research in digestive disease, the BDSC also provides support for human translational research.