- Eligibility and Application Process
Eligibility and Application Process
ReConNecT-IT T32 APPLICATION PROCESS:
- MD, DO or MD-PhD degree.
- US citizen (or visa status that satisfies NIH requirements)
- Clinical residency training and/or clinical fellowship training completed by time of T32 start (does not need to be at time of application)*
*2 application points are possible: (1) as early as PGY3 during residency training, although T32 funding will not start until after completion of residency, OR (2) end of residency/clinical fellowship training.
It is expected that successful applicants will have 80% of their time protected from clinical work for the duration of T32 support.
- NIH biosketch (applicant)
- Primary research mentor NIH biosketch
- Application form (Please use template):
- Name of research mentor (required) and clinical mentor if known (could be the same person; if no known clinical mentor, we will assign one)
- Personal statement (2/3 page)
- Prior support from federal grants (NRSA, other training grants)
- External support (applicant’s support awarded or under review for salary, research costs)
- Mentor letter of support
- Research statement, cosigned by Mentor
- Research plan (1 page)
- Two letters of support – includes one from primary mentor
- Letter from current residency/fellowship director indicating good standing
Please combine all materials into 1 pdf and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ReConNecT-IT T32 program is committed to training women as well as individuals from backgrounds under-represented in medicine. We welcome applications from these groups, with the understanding that creating a cadre of superbly-trained translational neuroscientists from a diversity of backgrounds accelerates both scientific discovery and progress towards justice in our society.
Applications will be assessed by Co-Directors + Advisory Committee.