Information for Current Students
All MBMI and Certificate students who are eligible for registration will be guaranteed priority seating in BMIN courses up until 3 weeks prior to the start of classes, or until the enrollment cap on a course is reached. If an student is on a registration hold, we cannot guarantee seating in a course. Students are advised to keep the Program Coordinator informed about their progress toward resolution of any registration holds.
Course registration will open no later than three weeks prior to the start of classes for non-matriculated students, other Penn graduate students, LPS students, and advanced undergraduate students who have obtained written permission of the course instructor. The Program Coordinator will keep a list of registration requests on a first-come, first-served basis to facilitate permit requests during this time period. Wait lists will not be maintained for any course beyond this controlled registration period.
Course Add/Drop Policy
Students who drop a course within the course selection period, which is the first two weeks of the term, will receive a full tuition refund. Students will be responsible for 50% of the tuition and fees for any course dropped between the second and fourth weeks of the term.
Students who withdraw from a course after the 4th week of the term will be responsible for 100% of tuition and fees, and a W will appear on the student's transcript.
- Canvas (course content management system)
- Penn Academic Calendar (actual course dates may vary from this calendar)
- Penn In Touch (verify registration, billing, contact info)
- Tax Liability for Graduate Tuition Benefits
- Penn Policies and Resources for Graduate and Professional Students
- Penn Handbook on Ethics and Original Research (pdf)
- Edge for Scholars — Candid commentary, gritty truths, sharpen your academic edge