Wednesday, October 2, 2019
5:45 - 8:30 pm
West Chester University Alumni and Foundation Center
202 Carter Drive
West Chester, PA 19382
This activity is designed to provide primary care physicians and other members of the healthcare team education in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the cancer patient. This activity will provide information on cancer screening, evaluation, treatment advances, and survivorship care.
Who Should Attend
This activity has been designed for primary care providers including: physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants from general medicine, internal medicine, family and primary care practices. Other healthcare professionals involved in the primary care of patients are also welcome.
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify new advances in gynecologic oncology
- Identify reductions in radiation oncology risk
- Implement the latest evidence for the management of cardiac concerns for cancer patients
- List new advances in lung cancer treatment
- Implement criteria for genetic counseling
- Identify the elements of a survivorship care plan and its utility in coordinating care between PCP and oncologist