What is SSFlex?
The PMACS Web Team is happy to announce the release of our new and improved Self-Serve Website Service, SSFlex. It comes to you with an updated Publisher Dashboard, a simpler and streamlined way to set global settings for your site, additional features such as a photo gallery option, and much more!
- No need to choose between different navigation structures and themes during the application process — you'll have access to all of them ...plus future ones as we make them available.
- Streamlined Global Settings (Google Analytics Tracking ID, meta-description, and more) can now all be set on one resource.
- New and improved Publisher Dashboard including a link to our FAQ page.
- Relocated Template Variables! Instead of clicking on a "Template Variables" tab, they can now be found below the content area on each page,
- Enhanced help text for all Template Variables.
- All special features have been combined into one category and can be chosen from a single template.
- Increased minimum image sizes.
- Improved web accessibility. SSFlex sites meet the current University's web accessibility standards while most older self-serve sites do not.
- Customizable design options allowing you to choose from a selection of themes, font pairings, text size, navigation style, and more
- The ability to add a global tagline under your site title
- Slideshow option available for all pages
- New special features & improvements to existing special features including:
- The option to add an auto-generated table of contents (anchor list) for any page with accordions or personnel
- NEW Flickr Photo Gallery
- NEW Manual Photo Gallery
- Sidebar option available on all subpages
- The ability to style any link as a button (Note: Each button style will look different depending on the chosen theme)
- Other features available on request:
- Publications lists populated by PubMed
- Simple web forms using MachForm
- Video hosting
Upgrading to SSFlex
If you are currently using one of our older Self Serve website templates you can request a new self-serve website with the SSFlex template. Use the button below to request a new site. If you have an existing self-serve site that is more than three years old, the PMACS Web Design Team can help import some of the content from your old site to a new SSFlex site. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about that process.