Information For Graduating Students
Checklist for Graduating Students with Federal Student Loans
Now that you are leaving Penn, you need to make important decisions on how to repay your federal student loan(s). The information below will help you begin the repayment process.
- Exit Counseling (required by federal regulations and University policy)
- Attend a Debt Management Seminar
- Review loan consolidation information if you are considering consolidating your federal student loans
- Know when your monthly payments begin and how to postpone those payments
- Determine the amount of your monthly payments
If you have specific questions about any of the processes mentioned in this section or whether certain provisions apply to you, you should contact your lender.
FIRST FOR MEDICAL EDUCATION
Financial Information, Resources, Services, and Tools
FIRST Facts are short, informational sheets on a variety of financial aid related topics. Facts are designed to reduce often confusing or complex topics to the basics. For more information regarding FIRST Facts topics contact email@example.com, or consult the SOM Financial Aid Office.
The following documents are all in PDF format.
FIRST for Residents Mailbox
With the FIRST for Residents Mailbox, you can anonymously send questions or concerns about debt management issues, including loan repayment, deferment, forbearance, loan consolidation and more. Subscribe to this service and you will also receive alerts about news and events that are essential to your financial health, including changes that may impact your student loan situation, deferment and forbearance options or new loan forgiveness programs. General reminders are also periodically sent when important deadlines for student loans approach.
Manage your debt. Don't let your debt manage you. Stay in the know regarding issues that impact your financial decisions — become a subscriber today.
Note: Send this message from the e-mail account where you want to receive Resident Mailbox updates.
Submit a Question
- To submit a question or concern, send a plain text e-mail to FIRST@aamc.org. Please do not send any e-mails in html or rich text format.
- We will review your e-mail and respond to you directly or summarize the question(s) and/or concerns in an e-mail to all Mailbox subscribers.
Your e-mail address will be kept confidential, and your identifying information will not be posted.
Before to sending a question, please check the FIRST for Residents Mailbox Archive, where the answer to a similar question might already be posted.
DISCLAIMER: The information in the mailbox is provided as a service from the AAMC to our constituents, and represents our best efforts to assist residents and GME staff on debt management issues. However, we assume no liability for the use of this information. We remind borrowers that you should always check with the lender or servicer of your student loans when you have questions or repayment issues.
Page Updated: 08-Jan-2015