Univerity of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine: Facts and Figures
University of Pennsylvania
Ranked #4 Among the Top
STEM Schools for Women
Penn Medicine hospitals ranked #1 among top hospitals in Pennsylvania by U.S. News & World Reports
Office of Inclusion, Diversity
& Equity anchor programs
- First of Its Kind Blood Test for Immunocompromised Patients August 10, 2022 A new test by PSOM researchers will allow multiple sclerosis patients to know how their bodies’ immune systems responded to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Awards & Accolades: July 2022 August 03, 2022 Learn how Penn clinicians and researchers are being honored by their peers.
- Liver Cancer’s Supercharged Metabolism Offers a New Treatment Strategy, Penn Study Suggests August 02, 2022 Liver cancer’s rapid growth leads to a vulnerability in its energy-production and cell-building processes that may be potently exploited with a new combination-treatment strategy, according to a study from researchers at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Two More Startups Join Penn Medicine – Wharton Fund for Health’s Portfolio August 02, 2022 At 11 months following its launch, the Penn Medicine – Wharton Fund for Health is announcing investments in its fifth and sixth companies, now investing in Fabric Health and Stimulus.
- Penn Medicine Hospitals Rank Among Top Hospitals Nationally and #1 in Pennsylvania by U.S. News and World Report July 26, 2022 Penn Medicine hospitals have once again been ranked among the top in the nation by U.S News & World Report. The combined enterprise of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Penn Presbyterian Medical Center is ranked #13 in the nation for the second year in a row, and appear on the magazine’s prestigious annual Honor Roll for the 16th consecutive year.
Use arrow keys to view news
Use arrow keys to view events
Parotid Mass in an 81-Year-Old Woman.
De Ravin E, Marrero Berrios JC, Rajasekaran K JAMA otolaryngology-- head & neck surgery. 2022 Aug 11
HIC2 controls developmental hemoglobin switching by repressing BCL11A transcription.
Huang P, Peslak SA, Ren R, Khandros E, Qin K, Keller CA, Giardine B, ... Nature genetics. 2022 Aug 8
Association Between Dialysis Facility Ownership and Access to the Waiting List and Transplant in Pediatric Patients With End-stage Kidney Disease in the US.
Amaral S, McCulloch CE, Lin F, Grimes BA, Furth S, Warady B, Brunson C, ... JAMA. 2022 Aug 2;328(5):451-459
Large-scale genome-wide association study of coronary artery disease in genetically diverse populations.
Tcheandjieu C, Zhu X, Hilliard AT, Clarke SL, Napolioni V, Ma S, Lee KM, ... Nature medicine. 2022 Aug 1
Germline Mutations in <i>CIDEB</i> and Protection against Liver Disease.
Verweij N, Haas ME, Nielsen JB, Sosina OA, Kim M, Akbari P, De T, ... The New England journal of medicine. 2022 Jul 28;387(4):332-344
Use arrow keys to view publications