Perelman School of Medicine
ranked #3 among the best
medical schools in research
University of Pennsylvania
Ranked #4 Among the Top
STEM Schools for Women
University of Pennsylvania ranked #4 among the world’s most innovative universities
- New Mental Health Platform Provides Support for Healthcare Workers May 28, 2020 While mental health in the workplace is a longstanding and undertreated issue, it has been amplified as health professionals struggle with the extraordinary physical and emotional demands of COVID-19.
- Gene Therapy Program at Penn Medicine Joins AAVCOVID Vaccine Project May 28, 2020 The internationally-renowned Gene Therapy Program at the University of Pennsylvania is joining the AAVCOVID vaccine program led by Massachusetts Eye and Ear and Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), members of Mass General Brigham for the joint research program.
- Follow-up Treatments After Opioid Overdose Rare Among Insured Patients May 27, 2020 The majority of commercially insured patients who visited the emergency department (ED) for an opioid overdose didn’t receive the timely follow-up care known to help prevent a future overdose or death, according to a new study from researchers at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Taking Inventory of Which Drugs the World Is Using to Treat COVID-19 May 27, 2020 With doctors and researchers around the world searching for effective treatments for COVID-19, many drugs approved to treat other diseases are being used in hopes that they’ll be effective against the virus, a use that’s known as “off-label.”
- New “Blueprint” of Exhausted T Cell Lifespan Could Help Build Better Immunotherapies May 27, 2020 Mapping out the lifespan of the immune cells that lose steam in the body’s fight against cancer is giving Penn Medicine researchers a better understanding of how future immunotherapies could reinvigorate them to help attack disease.
Implications of Altered Ketone Metabolism and Therapeutic Ketosis in Heart Failure.
Selvaraj S, Kelly DP, Margulies KB Circulation. 2020 Jun 2;141(22):1800-1812 Epub 2020 Jun 1
Single residue in CD28-costimulated CAR-T cells limits long-term persistence and antitumor durability.
Guedan S, Madar A, Casado-Medrano V, Shaw C, Wing A, Liu F, Young RM, ... The Journal of clinical investigation. 2020 Jun 1;130(6):3087-3097
Justice and health: The Lancet-Health Equity and Policy Lab Commission.
Ruger JP, Horton R Lancet (London, England). 2020 May 30;395(10238):1680-1681
Allocating Medical Resources in the Time of Covid-19. Reply.
Persad G, Phillips J, Emanuel EJ The New England journal of medicine. 2020 May 28;382(22):e79 Epub 2020 Apr 28
New York City COVID-19 resident physician exposure during exponential phase of pandemic.
Breazzano MP, Shen J, Abdelhakim AH, Dagi Glass L, Horowitz J, Xie SX, De Moraes CG, ... The Journal of clinical investigation. 2020 May 28