Univerity of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine: Facts and Figures
Perelman School of Medicine
ranked #3 among the best
medical schools in research
University of Pennsylvania
Ranked #4 Among the Top
STEM Schools for Women
University of Pennsylvania ranked #4 among the world’s most innovative universities
- Penn Geriatrician Lisa Walke, MD, Named to 2021 Carol Emmott Fellowship Class December 03, 2020 Lisa Walke, MD, chief of Geriatric Medicine in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, has been selected for the 2021 Carol Emmott Fellowship class.
- Penn’s Basser Center for BRCA Awards 2020 Basser Global Prize to Bella Kaufman from Israel’s Sheba Medical Center December 03, 2020 Kaufman is the director of the Breast Oncology Institute, as well as the president of Sheba Comprehensive Cancer Center at the Sheba Medical Center.
- Penn Medicine Researchers Chart a Path Forward with Unifying Definition of Cytokine Storm December 03, 2020 Two Penn Medicine researchers have developed a unifying definition of “cytokine storm” to provide physicians with a framework to assess and treat severely-ill patients whose immune systems have gone rogue.
- Penn Medicine at the 62nd American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting and Exposition December 02, 2020 Experts from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania will be presenting data on the latest advances in cancer research and treatment at ASH’s annual meeting from December 5-8.
- Penn Medicine Researchers Unlock the Door to Tumor Microenvironment for CAR T Cells November 30, 2020 In a new study published online today in Nature Cancer, Penn Medicine researchers found that combining chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy with a PAK4 inhibitor drug allowed the engineered cells to punch their way through and attack the tumor, leading to significantly enhanced survival in mice.
Fajgenbaum DC, June CH The New England journal of medicine. 2020 Dec 3;383(23):2255-2273
Solving Population-wide Obesity - Progress and Future Prospects.
Kumanyika S, Dietz WH The New England journal of medicine. 2020 Dec 3;383(23):2197-2200 Epub 2020 Nov 28
Psychedelics in Psychiatry-Keeping the Renaissance From Going Off the Rails.
Yaden DB, Yaden ME, Griffiths RR JAMA psychiatry. 2020 Dec 2
Removal of Race From Estimates of Kidney Function: First, Do No Harm.
Norris KC, Eneanya ND, Boulware LE JAMA. 2020 Dec 2
MEF2D sustains activation of effector Foxp3+ Tregs during transplant survival and anticancer immunity.
Di Giorgio E, Wang L, Xiong Y, Akimova T, Christensen LM, Han R, Samanta A, ... The Journal of clinical investigation. 2020 Dec 1;130(12):6242-6260