Perelman School of Medicine
ranked #3 among the best
medical schools in research
University of Pennsylvania
Ranked #4 Among the Top
STEM Schools for Women
University of Pennsylvania ranked #4 among the world’s most innovative universities
- New Mental Health Platform Provides Support for Healthcare Workers May 28, 2020 While mental health in the workplace is a longstanding and undertreated issue, it has been amplified as health professionals struggle with the extraordinary physical and emotional demands of COVID-19.
- Gene Therapy Program at Penn Medicine Joins AAVCOVID Vaccine Project May 28, 2020 The internationally-renowned Gene Therapy Program at the University of Pennsylvania is joining the AAVCOVID vaccine program led by Massachusetts Eye and Ear and Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), members of Mass General Brigham for the joint research program.
- Follow-up Treatments After Opioid Overdose Rare Among Insured Patients May 27, 2020 The majority of commercially insured patients who visited the emergency department (ED) for an opioid overdose didn’t receive the timely follow-up care known to help prevent a future overdose or death, according to a new study from researchers at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Taking Inventory of Which Drugs the World Is Using to Treat COVID-19 May 27, 2020 With doctors and researchers around the world searching for effective treatments for COVID-19, many drugs approved to treat other diseases are being used in hopes that they’ll be effective against the virus, a use that’s known as “off-label.”
- New “Blueprint” of Exhausted T Cell Lifespan Could Help Build Better Immunotherapies May 27, 2020 Mapping out the lifespan of the immune cells that lose steam in the body’s fight against cancer is giving Penn Medicine researchers a better understanding of how future immunotherapies could reinvigorate them to help attack disease.
De-Escalation of Locoregional Therapy in Low-Risk Disease for DCIS and Early-Stage Invasive Cancer.
Hwang ES, Solin L Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2020 Jul 10;38(20):2230-2239 Epub 2020 May 22
HEM1 deficiency disrupts mTORC2 and F-actin control in inherited immunodysregulatory disease.
Cook SA, Comrie WA, Poli MC, Similuk M, Oler AJ, Faruqi AJ, Kuhns DB, ... Science (New York, N.Y.). 2020 Jul 10;369(6500):202-207
Postmastectomy and Regional Nodal Radiation for Breast Cancer.
Torres MA, Horst KC, Freedman GM Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2020 Jul 10;38(20):2299-2309 Epub 2020 May 22
The value of antimicrobial peptides in the age of resistance.
Magana M, Pushpanathan M, Santos AL, Leanse L, Fernandez M, Ioannidis A, Giulianotti MA, ... The Lancet. Infectious diseases. 2020 Jul 9
Presynaptic Homeostatic Plasticity Staves off Neurodegenerative Pathophysiology up to a Tipping Point.
Goldsmith J, Holzbaur ELF Neuron. 2020 Jul 8;107(1):6-8