University of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine: Facts and Figures
- Penn Medicine at the ASH Annual Meeting 2023 December 05, 2023 Researchers from the Abramson Cancer Center and Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania will present data on the latest advances in blood cancer and benign hematology research at the ASH Annual Meeting 2023.
- 1 in 6 Patients with Opioid Use Disorder Leave the Hospital Early December 04, 2023 Analysis found that the number of OUD patients who left the hospital before completing treatment increased between 2016 and 2020. Nearly half of early discharges occurred before the third day, when withdrawal symptoms are most severe.
- Nursing Leader Wood Named to ‘24 Carol Emmott Fellowship Class November 27, 2023 Robin Wood's project aims to improve patient outcomes and decrease lengths of stay by treating patients with similar medical conditions in the same unit.
- Lidocaine Kills Cancer Cells by Activating Bitter Taste Receptor November 22, 2023 Lidocaine has long been suggested to have some anti-cancer effects, but it wasn’t known how or why. A new preclinical study reveals the drug activates a bitter taste receptor through two unique mechanisms that result in cancer cell death.
- Researchers Awarded $8M to Identify New TBI Treatments November 16, 2023 Experts will study new biomarkers and identify targets to guide development of future treatments for various types of brain injuries with a grant from the Department of Defense
Use arrow keys to view news
Use arrow keys to view events
Trends in Before Medically Advised Discharges for Patients With Opioid Use Disorder, 2016-2020.
Thakrar AP, Lowenstein M, Greysen SR, Delgado MK JAMA. 2023 Dec 4
Mandates and Incentives to Support Social Needs Screening-Challenges and Opportunities.
Bouchelle Z, Vasan A, Cholera R JAMA pediatrics. 2023 Dec 4
Trends in Traumatic Brain Injury Mortality in the US.
Shaik NF, Law CA, Elser H, Schneider ALC JAMA neurology. 2023 Dec 4
Forks in the road for CAR T and CAR NK cell cancer therapies.
Dagher OK, Posey AD Jr Nature immunology. 2023 Dec;24(12):1994-2007 Epub 2023 Nov 27
Tumor Treating Fields therapy in metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer - Authors' reply.
Leal T, Langer C The Lancet. Oncology. 2023 Dec;24(12):e454
Use arrow keys to view publications