Our laboratory has two areas of interest – prostanoid biology and molecular clocks.
In the case of prostanoids we are interested to parse and exploit contributors to interindividual differences in NSAID response so that we can utilize AI and machine learning approaches to develop paradigms predictive of efficacy and risk. We are also interested in elucidating the therapeutic opportunity of novel drug targets in the eicosanoid pathway. In the case of clocks, we are interested in how a decline in oscillatory function may contribute to age related phenotypes. We also wish to integrate multiple remote sensing approaches with multi-omics analyses to characterize the human chronobiome. This may afford the opportunity to obtain, in an unbiased fashion, mechanistic insights into time dependent disease phenotypes, such as non-dipping hypertension.
- Mazaleuskaya, L.L., Lawson, J.A., Li, X., Grant G., Ricciotti E. and FitzGerald G.A. A broad-spectrum lipidomics screen of anti-inflammatory drug combinations in human blood. JCI Insight 1(12): e87031, 2016.
- Tang S.Y., Pawelzik S.-C., Chen, L., Lawson, J., and FitzGerald, G.A. Cardiovascular Consequences of Prostanoid I Receptor Deletion in Microsomal Prostaglandin E Synthase-1 -Deficient Hyperlipidemic Mice. Circulation 134(4):328-38, 2016.
- Liang X., Bettinger K., Abernathy D., Bushman R., and FitzGerald G.A. Bidirectional interactions between indomethacin and the murine intestinal microbiota. Elife 2015; 10.7554/eLife.08973.
- Kress GJ, Liao F, Dimitry J, Cedeno MR, FitzGerald GA, Holtzman DM, Musiek ES Regulation of amyloid-β dynamics and pathology by the circadian clock. J Exp Med. 2018 Jan 30. pii: jem.20172347.
- Skarke C., Lahens N., Rhoades S., Bittinger K., Bailey A., Hoffmann C., Olson R.S., Chen L., Yang G., Price T., Moore J., Grant G.R., Bushman F.D., Weljie A.M., & FitzGerald G.A. Characterization of the Human Chronobiome. Nature Scientific Reports 7(1):17141, 2017.
- Yang G., Chen L, Grant G.R.,Paschos G.,Musiek E.S.,Song W-L.,Lee V.,McLoughlin S.C., Grosser T., Cotsarelis G., and FitzGerald G.A. Timed expression of Bmal1 influences postnatal aging and survival. Sci. Trans. Med. 8(324):324ra16 2016.
- FitzGerald G.A. ImPRECISION: Limitations to Interpretation of a Large Randomized Clinical Trial. Circulation.135 (2):113-115, 2017.
- Grosser T, Ricciotti E, FitzGerald GA. The Cardiovascular Pharmacology of Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs. Trends Pharmacol Sci. Jun 23. pii: S0165-6147(17)30116-5, 2017.
- Paschos G.K. and FitzGerald G.A. Circadian clocks and Metabolism: implications for microbiome and aging. Trends in Genetics pii: S0168-9525(17)30127-0, 2017.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team.