- CyTOF Mass Cytometer
CyTOF Mass Cytometer
Institute for Immunology Research Resources in partnership with the Philadelphia VAMC
Starting Monday 7/13/2020, CyTOF Service Center will resume Phase II research activities at 50% capacity. All PI’s are asked to provide written justifications for the work to be conducted in CyTOF Service Center during Phase II to the Technical Director, Dr. Takuya Ohtani (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the Scientific Director and the Director of the Institute for Immunology, Dr. E. John Wherry (email@example.com) by email. Please note CyTOF Service Center will limit its use to PENN users during Phase II.
The CyTOF2 is a new generation flow cytometer, which utilizes Time-Of-Flight mass spectrometer as a readout. The system uses heavy metal labeled antibodies instead of fluorescent–labeled antibodies, which allows multi-parametric single cell analysis for more than 40 channels with minimal background and compensation problems.
The CyTOF was purchased by the VISN4 HCHT Equipment Funds awarded to the Philadelphia VAMC (PVAMC) for shared use by investigators at both PVAMC and Penn.
IFI offers a wide variety of CyTOF-related services including consultation, training, antibody-conjugation, antibody distribution, and data acquisition. Please contact Takuya Ohtani for more information on services.
As of September 1, 2021, the Institute for Immunology will charge for the following services at the rates listed below:
- Data analysis/data preparation: $85 per hour
- Reagent Distribution : $25 service fee plus the cost of the reagent(s)
- Sample Acquisition Penn Users: $200 per hour
External Academic Users:
- Data analysis/data preparation: $112 per hour
- Reagent Distribution : $35 service fee plus the cost of the reagent(s)
- Sample Acquisition $268 per hour
External Corporate Users:
- Data analysis/data preparation $148 per hour
- Reagent Distribution : $45 service fee plus the cost of the reagent(s)
- Sample Acquisition $335 per hour
A405, Medical Research Building
Philadelphia VA Medical Center
3900 Woodland Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
354 Biomedical Research Building II/III