Laboratory of Rare Lung Diseases
Cynthia J. Koziol-White, Ph.D.
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Pulmonary, Allergy, & Critical Care Division
Translational Research Laboratories (TRL)
125 South 31st Street, TRL Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3413
fax: (215) 746-1224
Ph.D., Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
B.S., Biomolecular Science, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
Dr. Koziol-White joined the Airways Biology Initiative (ABI) in the fall of 2009 as a postdoctoral fellow in Dr. Haczku's laboratory, and continued her fellowship with Dr. Panettieri in the fall of 2010. Her research interests in the Panettieri lab have focused on elucidating cellular and molecular mechanisms that regulate airway contractility and immunobiology in human lungs in response to viral or ozone exposure. She has been studying the effects of respiratory viruses, particularly rhinovirus, on contractility of and the inflammatory responses elicited by the airways.
- Carr R, Koziol-White C, Zhang J, Lam H, An SS, Tall GG, Panettieri RA, Benovic JL. Interdicting Gq Activation in Airway Disease by Receptor-Dependent and Receptor-Independent Mechanisms. Mol Pharmacol. 2015 Oct 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sun Y, Jain D, Koziol-White CJ, Genoyer E, Gilbert M, Tapia K, Panettieri RA Jr, Hodinka RL, López CB. Immunostimulatory Defective Viral Genomes from Respiratory Syncytial Virus Promote a Strong Innate Antiviral Response during Infection in Mice and Humans. PLoS Pathog. 2015 Sep 3; 11(9):e1005122. eCollection 2015 Sep.
- Himes BE, Koziol-White C, Johnson M, Nikolos C, Jester W, Klanderman B, Litonjua AA, Tantisira KG, Truskowski K, MacDonald K, Panettieri RA Jr, Weiss ST. Vitamin D Modulates Expression of the Airway Smooth Muscle Transcriptome in Fatal Asthma. PLoS One. 2015 Jul 24; 10(7):e0134057. eCollection 2015.
- Kim WK, Jain D, Sanchez MD, Koziol-White CJ, Matthews K, Ge MQ, Haczku A, Panettieri RA Jr, Frieman MB, Lopez CB. Deficiency of MDA5 Results in Exacerbated Chronic Post-Viral Lung Inflammation. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014 Feb 15;189(4):437-48.
- Robinett KS, Koziol-White CJ, Akoluk A, An SS, Panettieri Jr RA, Liggett SB. Bitter Taste Receptor Function in Asthmatic and Nonasthmatic Human Airway Smooth Muscle Cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013 Nov 12.
- Burnham ME, Koziol-White CJ, Esnault S, Bates ME, Evans MD, Bertics PJ, Denlinger LC. Human airway eosinophils exhibit preferential reduction in STAT signaling capacity and increased CISH expression. J Immunol. 2013 Sep 15;191(6):2900-6.
- Edelson JD, Makhlina M, Silvester KR, Vengurlekar SS, Chen X, Zhang J, Koziol-White CJ, Cooper PR, Hallam TJ, Hay DW, Panettieri RA Jr. In vitro and in vivo pharmacological profile of PL-3994, a novel cyclic peptide (Hept-cyclo(Cys-His-Phe-D-Ala-Gly-Arg-D-Nle-Asp-Arg-Ile-Ser-Cys)-Tyr-[Arg mimetic]-NH(2)) natriuretic peptide receptor-A agonist that is resistant to neutral endopeptidase and acts as a bronchodilator.Pulm Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2013 Apr;26(2):229-38. Epub 2012 Nov 12.
- Koziol-White CJ, Goncharova EA, Cao G, Johnson M, Krymskaya VP, Panettieri RA Jr. DHEA-S inhibits human neutrophil and human airway smooth muscle migration. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012 Jul 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- An SS, Wang WC, Koziol-White CJ, Ahn K, Lee DY, Kurten RC, Panettieri RA Jr, Liggett SB. TAS2R Activation Promotes Airway Smooth Muscle Relaxation Despite B2-Adrenergic Receptor Tachyphylaxis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012 Jun 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Banerjee A, Koziol-White C, Panettieri R Jr. p38 MAPK inhibitors, IKK2 inhibitors, and TNF inhibitors in COPD. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2012 Feb 24