Zhilong Jiang, Ph.D.
Research Specialist C
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Pulmonary, Allergy, & Critical Care Division
Translational Research Laboratories (TRL)
125 South 31st Street, TRL Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3413
PhD, Molecular Biology, Shanghai Second Medical University
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Jiang joined the Airways Biology Initiative (ABI) in 2011 as a postdoctoral fellow in Dr. Haczku's laboratory. Dr. Jiang's current research interests are in the role of PAF-AH/Lp-PLA2 and anaphylactic response to allergic sensitization. He observed an important role of LP-PLA2 in prevention of immune response skewing towards Th2-type during the allergic sensitization process, but LP-PLA2 deficiency did not significantly change lung resistance and dynamic compliance in LP-PLA2-/- mice. Further investigation of underlying immunological mechanisms is under way. In addition, he has developed a protocol for isolation and culture of primary human type II epithelial cells (hAECII), signal transduction mechanisms of dexamethasone and pro-inflammatory cytokines on lung collectins (SP-A and SP-D) expression in hAECII cells is under investigation.
- Jiang Z, Fehrenbach M, Ravaioli G, Ducka B, Redai IG, Sheardown SA, Wilson S, Macphee C, Haczku A. The effect of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 deficiency on pulmonary allergic responses in aspergillus fumigatus sensitized mice. Respir Res. 2012 Nov 12; 13(1):100. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jiang Z, Li H, Fitzgerald DC, Zhang GX, Rostami A. MOG(35-55) i.v suppresses experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis partially through modulation of Th17 and JAK/STAT pathways. Eur J Immunol. 2009, 39(3):789-99.
- Yang J, Jiang Z, Fitzgerald DC, Ma C, Yu S, Li H, Zhao Z, Li Y, Ciric B, Curtis M, Rostami A, Zhang GX. Adult neural stem cells expressing IL-10 confer potent immunomodulation and remyelination in experimental autoimmune encephalitis. J Clin Invest. 2009, 119:3678-91.
- Jiang Z, Guan Y, Ciric B, Rostami AM, Zhang GX. Upregulation of chemokine receptor expression by IL-10/IL-4 in adult neural stem cells. Exp Mol Pathol. 2008, 85:232-6.
- Jiang Z, Clemens, P.R.Cellular caspase-8-like inhibitory protein (cFLIP) prevents inhibition of muscle cell differentiation induced by cancer cells. FASEB J.2006; 20: E1979-1989.
- Jiang Z, Schiedner, G., Rooijen, N. V., Liu C. C., Kochanek, S., Clemens, P.R. Sustained muscle expression of dystrophin from a high-capacity adenoviral vector with systemic gene transfer of T cell costimulatory blockade. Molecular Therapy 2004; 10: 688-696.
- Jiang Z, Schiedner, G., Gilchrist, S. C., Kochanek, S., Clemens, P. R. CTLA4Ig delivered by high-capacity adenoviral vector induces stable expression of dystrophin in mdx mouse muscle. Gene Therapy 2004; 11:1453-1461.
- Jiang Z, Feingold, E., Kochanek, S., Clemens, P.R. Systemic delivery of a high-capacity adenoviral vector expressing mCTLA4Ig improves skeletal muscle gene therapy. Molecular Therapy. 2002; 6: 369-376.
- Jiang Z, Reay, D., Kreppel, F., Gambotto, A., Feingold, E., Kochanek, S., McCarthy, S.A., Clemens, P.R. Local high-capacity adenovirus-mediated mCTLA4Ig and mCD40Ig expression prolongs recombinant gene expression in skeletal muscle. Molecular Therapy. 2001; 3: 892-900.