Transformation Through Scholarship
This edition highlights UPENN and CHOP Faculty Scholarship for January 1 - March 31, 2017
Seema Bhatnaga, PhD, Associate Professor,at CHOP, is trying to understand why some individuals are more vulnerable to the adverse effects of chronic stress than others.
Maurizio Cereda, MD, Assistant Professor, and Fellowship Director for the Penn Anesthesia Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program, talks about the exciting new directions in the fellowship program.
Announcements and Awards
Press Releases, Awards, Academic Leadership, Promotions, News
The Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, including CHOP, have had over 100 publications posted on PubMed since January 1, 2017.
Grants and Contracts
New Proposals / amount: 55 / $17,731,013
New Awards / amount: 35 / $3,446,164
(UPENN and CHOP combined)
PENN Alums Supporting Faculty Scholarship
There are many opportunities to support faculty and resident scholarship in the Department to foster future leaders in our specialty.
- 11th Annual Stephen J. Prevoznik Lecture on Leadership, by Patricia A. Kapur, MD, Feb 2, 2017, 6:30am
- Pediatric Anesthesiology (SPA/AAP) Annual Meeting, March 3-5, 2017, Austin, TX
- 9th Annual Brett Gutsche Lecture on Obstetrical Anesthesia, by Steven J. Ralston, MD, April 6, 6:30 am
- 64th Annual Association of University Anesthesiologists Meeting, May 4-5, 2017, DC
- 30th Society for Critical CAre Medicine (SOCCA) Annual Meeting, May 5, 2017, DC
- International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS) 2017 Annual Meeting and International Science Symposium, May 6-9, 2017, DC
- The Frank Murphy Lecture, June 15, 2017, 6:30 am