Transformation Through Scholarship
This edition highlights UPENN and CHOP Faculty Scholarship for October 1 - December 31, 2016
Jesse Raiten, MD, assistant professor, has been participating in the Cardiothoracic Surgical Trials Network (CTSN) in the CT-ICU. Read more about these large scale trials related to the care of cardiac surgical patients.
Mark Weiss, MD, assistant professor, has documented the growth of Non-operating Room Anesthesia (NORA) Service at PENN and spearheaded NORA resident education for our specialty.
Announcements and Awards
Press Releases, Awards, Academic Leadership, Promotions, News
The Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, including CHOP, have had over 90 publications posted on PubMed since October 1, 2016, and over 300 publications for 2016.
Grants and Contracts
New Proposals / amount: 31 / $6,178,107
New Awards / amount: 16 / $1,935,504
(UPENN and CHOP combined)
PENN Alums Supporting Faculty Scholarship
There are many opportunities to support faculty and resident scholarship in the Department to foster future leaders in our specialty.
- 11th Annual Stephen J. Prevoznik Lecture on Leadership, by Patricia A. Kapur, MD, Feb 2, 2017, 6:30am
- Pediatric Anesthesiology (SPA/AAP) Annual Meeting, March 3-5, 2017, Austin, TX
- 9th Annual Brett Gutsche Lecture on Obstetrical Anesthesia, by Steven J. Ralston, MD, April 6, 6:30 am
- 64th Annual Association of University Anesthesiologists Meeting, May 4-5, 2017, DC
- 30th Society for Critical CAre Medicine (SOCCA) Annual Meeting, May 5, 2017, DC
- International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS) 2017 Annual Meeting and International Science Symposium, May 6-9, 2017, DC
- The Frank Murphy Lecture, June 15, 2017, 6:30 am