- Current Students
Current Students in the University of Pennsylvania Master of Science in Genetic Counseling Program
Students in our first and second year classes have formed a team of riders and volunteers for rideATAXIA Philly 2021. Please support the team – Krebs Cyclists – UPenn MSGC Program – as we bike 1, 3, 6, 21, and 48 miles on October 9th, 2021, to benefit rideATAXIA and the Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA).
rideATAXIA is a nation-wide program of bike rides that welcomes people of all abilities to ride and to raise funds for FARA’s mission to treat and cure Friedreich’s ataxia (FA). FA is a debilitating, life-shortening, degenerative neuro-muscular disorder. About one in 50,000 people in the United States has FA. It is estimated there are 4,000 individuals affected with FA in the U.S., and 15,000 affected individuals worldwide. The University of Pennsylvania Masters in Genetic Counseling Program has a longstanding relationship with rideATAXIA and FARA. Members of FARA have generously offered their time to lecture on Friedreich’s ataxia and FARA’s mission. In addition, FARA regularly hosts UPenn Genetic Counseling students through a patient advocacy rotation placement.
We are challenging ourselves to raise $500 as a team to show our appreciation!
You can support our team with a donation:
- Visit: https://give.curefa.org/give/346831/#!/donation/checkout
- Please credit your donation to: Krebs Cyclists UPenn MSGC Program
Or by signing up to ride, cheer, or volunteer:
- Visit: https://give.curefa.org/event/rideataxia-philly-and-global-challenge/e346831
- Select “Register” in the middle of the screen
- Select “Join a Team”
- Search our team Krebs Cyclists UPenn MSGC Program and make your selection!
- rideATAXIA Philly 2021 will take place at the LCBC Church, Branch Creek Campus, 100 Main Street, Harleysville, PA 19438.
- Lunch, catered by Outback Steak House, is provided to all riders and volunteers.
- For more information on race start time, race maps, and important race day details: https://give.curefa.org/.../rideataxia-philly-and.../e346831
- For more information on Friedreich’s ataxia and FARA’s mission: https://www.curefa.org/