September 12, 2013
Insight Strategy Advisors (ISA) is a healthcare consulting firm headquartered in New York City. ISA provides commercial development strategy expertise to multinational biopharmaceutical companies. A career at ISA provides significant exposure to key aspects of the pharmaceutical industry including drug development technologies, the drug approval process, product launch strategies, product lifecycle planning, and payer reimbursement policies across many therapeutic areas such as Immunology/Rheumatology, Oncology, Cardiovascular Disease, Infectious Disease and Pain Management.
We are currently recruiting for the positions of Analyst and Senior Analyst.
Core Responsibilities include:
- • Synthesizing and analyzing primary and secondary market research and presenting analysis results in support of client deliverables
- • Managing the data collection process for internal and external data sources relevant to key strategic questions posed by our clients
- • Taking the initiative to become “knowledge experts” in the challenges and opportunities associated with the interpretation of primary and secondary data
- • Becoming your team's 'point person' for information gathered during team interactions with the client
-Successful candidates will:
- • Have a passion for working in healthcare
- • Have superior qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- • Be resourceful and able to identify new ways of obtaining and analyzing market data
- • Possess strong organizational skills relative to multi-tasking across different project tasks
- • Be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. Statistical software or advanced analytics knowledge is a plus.
- • Be able to convert analysis into illustrative or quantitative formats that demonstrate key market dynamics
- • Have a strong record of extracurricular activities and relatable work experience
- • Be authorized to work in the United States
Please contact Molly Golden at email@example.com any questions or applications.
On-campus recruiting interviews will take place October 22nd, 2013 with resume submission via PennLink open from October 2nd – October 7th.
July 22, 2013
Started by Harvard + MIT trained PhDs, pymetrics (www.pymetrics.com) is applying neuroscience assessment + data science to the world of career search. We replace questionnaires with neuroscience tasks + statistics with data science to ideally match people with jobs + companies. It is currently used by undergraduates + MBA students, and consulting, finance + technology clients, across the US. Bootstrapped by revenue, we recently raised $2.5M from a top tier VC firm to expand the team + product. We are looking for a rock star head of research. The person will have the following responsibilities + qualifications.
pymetrics head of research
The head of research will be responsible for overseeing, developing and maintaining all aspects of Pymetrics tests and instrumentation as integrated modules in the Pymetrics platform.
- •Build out + lead research team
- • New tests + features
- • Source and develop new tests as they become necessary
- • Develop cognitive and emotional retraining module of the Pymetrics platform
- • Instrumentation validity
- • Test-retest reliability studies of the instruments
- • Develop alternate forms of the instruments
- • Documentation
- • Keep all testing instruments up to date and current on latest research findings
- • Provide background research on Pymetrics instruments
- • Develop research program on Pymetrics battery and manage collaborations with universities / outside entities
- • Secure funding for continued research programs
Location: pymetrics is located at 110 5th Ave in NYC.
- • PhD in Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Neuropsychology or some related field
- • Strong interest in testing, validation, and all matters related to instrumentation
- • Strong publication record and interest in continued publication and academic collaborations
- • Programming experience as related to test development and maintenance is highly desirable but not required. At a minimum person should be proficient with common stats packages and test development packages (e.g. PsyScope)
- • Project management experience also ideal but required
Salary, benefits + equity:
- Salary range: $70,000-$100,000 commensurate with experience
- Full benefits
Equity: TBD, also dependent on experience
July 10, 2013
Associate Director - Scientist, Research Programs
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson's disease (PD). Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $325 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide. Our portfolio has grown commensurate with our fundraising success and we made over $56 million in new grants in 2012. Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various treatment ideas and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. Today, the Foundation has approximately 80 full-time employees with more than 450 active grants across a broad spectrum of PD research and drug development.
Our aggressively funded research agenda is a core part of our strategy towards achieving this mission, and the development of this agenda and management of our research portfolio is driven by a team and advisors with both scientific and business expertise. Within the Research Programs team, Associate Directors play an important role by working closely and in partnership with other key internal teams to drive towards our organizational objectives.
Specific responsibilities of an Associate Director on the Research Programs team include:
- • Shaping of MJFF PD scientific/medical “point of view”.
- • Developing and rapidly executing strategic action plans to address critical field challenges that consider both internal team and external advisor input and creatively position MJFF to have clear impact.
- • Managing strategic plans at all stages from concept development, review process, grants contracting and milestone management, troubleshooting and problem solving as issues arise.
- • Developing strong relationships with research community and key opinion leaders.
- • Reporting directly to the Vice Presidents, Research Programs, and ensuring senior management and other MJFF staff receives current updates on key programmatic activities.
Key attributes of an outstanding Associate Director include:
- • Strong passion for science and the therapeutic development process
- • Excellent independent decision-making and judgment skills.
- • Creative, “out of the box” thinking.
- • Strong project and time management skills with an innate sense of pace and urgency to get the job done.
- • Ability to work productively and proactively, both independently and as part of a team.
- • Flexibility and willingness to move from project to project based on Foundation and team needs
- • Strong interpersonal skills: ability to manage (often without authority) and be managed.
- • Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability and confidence in speaking to both profession/technical and lay audiences.
- • Excellent computer skills, including mastery of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Candidates should have expert scientific background (PhD/MD in Neuroscience, Neurology or related fields plus postdoctoral or similar post-graduate experience). Candidates with industry experience in CNS therapeutic development are also encouraged to apply. This is a position ideal for candidates within 3-5 years of completing their graduate/professional degree. This is an onsite position in New York City (in midtown area) and is not conducive to telecommuting. Some travel (domestic and international) may be required.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest. Please click http://jobsco.re/14VXRXp. Please, no telephone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.