Welcome to the Office of Clinical Research
Clinical Research Navigation Assistance
If you need assistance with a clinical trial — anything from budget development through study close out — please complete our new Clinical Research Navigation Assistance form.
News-At-A-Glance (Highlighting Clinical Researchers at Penn)
Clinical Research Forum announces 2019 Top Ten Clinical Research Achievement Awards
Please click on this link to read the entire article: https://www.clinicalresearchforum.org/page/AwardsBanquet
The Clinical Research Forum has announced the 2019 Top Ten Clinical Research Achievement Awards. We would like to recognize three awardees have been chosen from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Hemophilia B Gene Therapy, nominated by University of Pennsylvania and represented by Dr. Lindsey A. George, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics. This is the first gene therapy trial to report a clinical cure for hemophilia B patients.
- Medical Management of Early Pregnancy Loss, nominated by University of Pennsylvania and represented by Dr. Courtney A. Schreiber, Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology. This study is the only rigorous, randomized clinical trial for miscarriage management that compares a combination therapy of mifepristone and misoprostol to misoprostol alone. The rate of expedited success was 84 percent among women who received both drugs, and 67 percent for among those who received misoprostol alone.
- Predicting response of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia to chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy, nominated by the University of Pennsylvania, represented by Dr. Joseph A. Fraietta, Director, Tumor Immunotherapy Laboratory, Center for Cellular Immunotherapies and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. This study focused on understanding why CAR T cell therapy is highly effective in some patients, but not others. The long-term goal is to advance the cure rates of adult leukemia without the side effects typically seen with conventional treatments, and ultimately to extend the benefits of CAR T cells to other cancers.
Clinical Research Annual Recognition of Excellence Awards
The Clinical Research Coordinator Annual Recognition of Excellence (CARE) award is an annual recognition event hosted by the Penn Society of Clinical Research Coordination and Management (SCRCM) and the Office of Clinical Research (OCR). This event is to celebrate our clinical research staff at Penn and honor members of our research community who best exemplifies excellence in the knowledge, skills and values of the clinical research profession.
When: Thursday, June 13th 2019 11:45 AM to 2:00 PM
Where: Biomedical Research Building (BRB) Auditorium
- PSOM Research Consent Guidance Memo
- Additional Guidance Regarding Consenting Subjects in Interventional Studies
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team