PennCTMS Access, Training and Reactivations
The information below outlines the training required for new accounts, existing accounts (reactivations), PIs, faculty, and external (non-Penn) users. Access to the PennCTMS (Velos) requires training and may depend on your role or your previous access. A PennCTMS Access Request Form is required for all access levels and reactivations. Please note: PennCTMS account are deactivated after 6 months of inactivity. Log-in every 6 months to keep your account active.
Click each link below to go to each section:
The PennCTMS Fundamentals training is a single session that includes a hands-on training exercise reviewing the following workflows: study registration, study management, patient management/enrollment, and reporting. This course is self-assigned via Knowledge Link. Access and Credit will be given after attending the entire class, completing the training exercise, and submitting the PennCTMS Access Request form.
- Log in to Knowledge Link
- Search for ‘PennCTMS Fundamentals’
- Choose the instructor-led option and choose an available date/time
- Class and Training account information will be sent to you from the instructor and the PennCTMS IT Support Team
Faculty and/or PIs are welcome to complete the in-person option or the online option below to gain access. Contact OCR if you have any questions about accessing the PennCTMS. Limited access users or those unsure about their access as it pertains to the PennCTMS, can follow the steps below or contact OCR.
- If you would like to request access to the PennCTMS, submit a request to PennCTMS IT Support if you already have a PMACS account (choose the PennCTMS queue) or via the PennCTMS Online Submission Form.
- Instructions and requirements will be sent via the request and may include the following:
PennCTMS user accounts are deactivated after 6 months of inactivity. A PennCTMS Access Request Form is needed for ALL reactivations. If you have switched job roles and/or departments, this could impact your access and modifications to your account may be needed. To reactivate your PennCTMS account:
- Submit a request to PennCTMS IT Support or via an online request form here and attach the PennCTMS Access Request Form signed by you (requestor) and your supervisor. Be sure to select “reactivate account” in your ticket category
- A member of the PennCTMS team will contact you via your ticket outlining the requirements for account reactivation
- Account deactivated 6-12 months
- PennCTMS Access Request Form required
- Account deactivated 12-24 months
- Account deactivated 24+ months
- Account deactivated 6-12 months
Non-Penn employees/external users will need a Guest PennKey. A PennKey is a unique username required to authenticate your identity for access to many of Penn’s online resources and systems, including Knowledge Link, the Learning Management System.
The PennCTMS Fundamentals training is required for all new PennCTMS users and is listed in the Learning Management System called Knowledge Link.
External users should follow these steps:
- A Penn staff member “sponsoring” the external user should submit a PennKey Request Form to the email provided at the bottom of the form
- PennKey information is sent via Secure Share
- Use the PennKey to login to KnowledgeLink
- Search for “PennCTMS Fundamentals Remote Training”
- Click on the link “See Classes” to sign-up. The instructor will reach out as the training date approaches. Contact The Office of Clinical Research with questions
OCR offers training classes on advanced functions of the PennCTMS such as building calendars or case report forms. Submit a PennCTMS IT Support ticket to request this training. Please note: Users requesting this training should have an active PennCTMS account.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team