Gaining access to the PennCTMS (Velos) requires the training options outlined below and depends on your role or if you previously had access. All users should have a PennKey. Non-Penn staff can submit this form to obtain a guest PennKey. Access and reactivations require an Access Request Form signed by a supervisor. Note: PennCTMS accounts are deactivated after 6 months of inactivity.
In-Person Training: New users, project managers, coordinators, research assistants, study team members:
This is an in-person, single-session, hands-on training required for new PennCTMS users. The training will review the following workflows: study registration, study management, and patient management/enrollment. This course is self-assigned. Credit will be given for attending the entire class and PennCTMS access is given when the training exercise is completed.
- Log in to Knowledge Link
- Search for ‘PennCTMS’ (all one word)
- Choose the instructor-led option and choose an available date/time
- Bring the signed Access Request Form with you to class
Reactivating a PennCTMS account
PennCTMS user accounts are deactivated after 6 months of inactivity. If you have switched job roles and/or departments, this could impact your access and modifications to your account may be needed. To reactivate your PennCTMS account:
- Submit a request via the KACE helpdesk if you have a PMACS account or via an online request form here.
- Complete the training exercise script in the training environment
- At the end of the exercise, it will instruct you to submit a KACE ticket indicating training is complete. Attach the signed Access Request Form to your ticket. Be sure to check “reactivate” and obtain your supervisor’s signature
Online Training: Faculty, PIs, external, limited access users:
Faculty and/or PIs are welcome to complete either the in-person items listed above or the online options below to gain access. Contact OCR if you have any questions about accessing the PennCTMS. External users will need a PennKey. Non-Penn staff can submit this form to obtain a guest PennKey. Limited users can contact OCR if they are unsure about their access requirements.
- Submit a request for a new or reactivated account indicating your role. If you have a PMACS account, via the KACE helpdesk, otherwise request through this online form here.
- Watch the PennCTMS video demonstration in KnowledgeLink by searching for “PennCTMS’ (all one word) and enrolling in the online option.
- Complete the Training exercise script in the training environment.
- At the end of the exercise, it will instruct you to submit a KACE helpdesk ticket. Please attach the signed Access Request Form to that ticket.
Additional Training on Calendars and Forms:
OCR offers an in-person training class on building calendars and case report forms. Submit a ticket in KACE to request scheduling.
For technical support, submit a ticket in KACE helpdesk.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team