Penn Clinical Research (CR): Monitoring Onboarding Training
As of December 17th, 2019, all Penn Medicine (PSOM and UPHS) Clinical Research Monitors will be able to take the NEW! “Penn Clinical Research (CR): Monitoring Onboarding Training”
This is an optional, free-to-use onboarding training and resource for Penn Medicine Clinical Research staff, especially newly hired Clinical Research Monitors. Training is done via Knowledge Link, you must have a PennKey and Password to log in and take this training.
Monitoring is the act of overseeing the progress of a clinical trial and of ensuring that it is conducted, recorded and reported in accordance with the protocol SOPs, GCP and the applicable regulatory requirement(s). The Office of Clinical Research’s (OCR) Onboarding curriculum aims to equip newly hired clinical research monitors at Penn Medicine, with the knowledge and resources to conduct their assigned duties as clinical trial monitors. The curriculum also directs new hires to Penn- specific resource training such as E-Systems for research, useful tools and templates. The larger goal of this onboarding is to allow clinical research teams to check the ongoing compliance health of their own trials, and thereby protecting the rights and welfare of clinical trial participants at Penn Medicine and it’s affiliated sites.
Benefits of the Penn Clinical Research (CR): Monitoring Onboarding are:
- Convenient online format
- Designed to meet the needs of just hired new and experienced research monitoring staff at Penn
- Helpful checklists and templates ready to be used by onboarded staff.
What is part of the CR Monitoring Onboarding
- Online e-modules via Penn Knowledge Link: ranging from topics such as Good Clinical Practice for the Experienced Monitor , Risk based Monitoring, Key Skills for Ensuring Quality Control and more
- Comprehensive list of Penn Research e-systems and related training: such as PennChart, PennCTMS, RedCap training and more.
- Monitoring related template and checklist type resources (Created by OCR and Association of Clinical Research Professionals/ ACRP)
This onboarding does not include one-on-one shadowing for a newly hired monitor. We recommend that departments develop their own shadowing opportunities in collaboration with their research staff.
Request Penn Clinical Research (CR): Monitoring Onboarding Training by sending a request to this link and the Knowledge Link Curriculum will be assigned to you. The curriculum remains on your “My Learning Plan” for 1 month/ 30 days.
For issues, feedback and questions; email: email@example.com or call 215-662-4484
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team