Office of Clinical Research
If you need access to any of the health system’s clinical systems, a UPHS Sponsor will need to submit a Non-Payroll Resource request within PennforPeople before logging into KnowledgeLink to register for any PennChart classes. The UPHS sponsor should also request access to Knowledge Link on the same form.
Once the new hire has a health system profile, the UPHS Sponsor can request training and access to PennChart. To submit the request, the UPHS Sponsor will need the new hire’s Name, DOB and Penn ID.
The PennChart access request form does not live within PfP. It is a separate form that needs to be submitted. Please do not submit the form prior to re-registering the new hire for the required PennChart education in Knowledge Link. PennChart access request form: PennChart Access Request Form
A UPHS sponsor will need to submit a Non-Payroll Resource request within PennforPeople before logging into KnowledgeLink to register for any PennChart classes (details in paragraph above).
We recommend you log into KnowledgeLink with your PennKey before clicking on any of the links. Completion of the training will be recorded in your KnowledgeLink learning history.
HIPAA Training: All PennChart Users need HIPAA Training: Protecting Patient Information (HIPAA)
View Only Access: For View Only access to PennChart (online course): PennChart View Only
Research Coordinator Access: For access to perform research functions (documenting, associating patients to studies, linking encounters to studies, manage My Studies) you need to take two (2) virtual classes:
- Research Coordinator Class: PennChart Training for Research Coordinators
- Prerequisite: You must complete the Slicer Dicer virtual training to attend the Research Coordinator class.
- Ambulatory training: If you have not already taken an ambulatory training class, recommended is: PennChart Training for Ambulatory Medical Assistants (MA) and Clinical Research Coordinators (CRC)
Research Billing Review Access: If you will be conducting research billing review, you also need to take the Research Biller Class: PennChart Training for Research Billers
Scheduling Access: If you need to schedule patients, you also need to take the Basic Scheduling Class: PennChart APM Schedgistration: Basic Scheduling
Beacon Protocols: If you will be using Beacon Protocols, it is recommended that you also take: PennChart Training for Treatment Plans (Beacon) for Non-Oncology Providers
- Care Everywhere: Appropriate Use Guidance for Research
- Guidance for Suppressing Research Results from myPennMedicine
- Guidance for Blinded Studies and My Penn Medicine
- PennChart Privacy Discussion
- PennChart Pending Order for Investigational Product Video
InBasket Notification Tipsheets
Research Billing Tipsheets
- Research Professional Billing Escalation
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team