Charitable Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or long term held appreciated securities to Penn Medicine.
- Penn Medicine pays you, or up to two annuitants named by you, a lifetime annuity.
- The remainder passes to Penn Medicine annually.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Your lifetime annuity payment is guaranteed by Penn Medicine.
- Your annuity payments are treated as part ordinary income, and for stock gifts, part capital gains, part tax-free income.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and Penn Medicine later.
Deferred or Flexible Deferred Gift Annuity
How It Works
You transfer cash, securities or other property to Penn Medicine.
Beginning on a specified date, Penn Medicine pays you, or up to two annuitants named by you, fixed annuity payments for life.
The remainder passes to Penn Medicine when the annuity ends.
Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity payment rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
You can target your annuity payments to begin when you need them, such as during retirement or when a grandchild needs help with tuition payments.
The longer you defer payments, the higher the effective rate you will receive.
You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now that benefits both you and Penn Medicine later.
For More Information
E-mail or call us at 215-898-9486.