Penn Ultrasound Mission
Penn Ultrasound Fellowship
We are Penn Medicine
- Annual Census: 68,000 patients visits
- In the heart of West Philadelphia
- Urban tertiary care center, Level 1 trauma center, 40 residents
- Top-ranked hospital in the country
Fellowship at Penn
- Applicants can choose between 1-year and 2-year programs.
- The 1-year position offers the opportunity to enroll in the Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics (CCEB) certificate program for physicians who seek a career as a collaborative researcher.
- The 2-year position affords the opportunity to obtain a Master of Science in Clinical Epidemiology through CCEB for a career as an independent researcher.
- 19 hours per week, 46 weeks per year, 6 weeks vacation
- Weekly Ultrasound Interdisciplinary Review Sessions with Pediatric
- Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
- 1 Weekly 8-hour Scanning Shift
- Didactic Lectures to medical students, residents, and fellows
- Annual US Courses for Critical Care fellows, Trauma fellows, Peds EM, and Critical Care faculty
- Fellows are expected to attend ACEP and SAEM, though they are not limited to these meetings.
- Fellows are expected to initiate at least one research project from inception, IRB application, data collection, to abstract and manuscript writing.
- Fellows are encouraged to apply for grant funding and have access to Penn faculty resources and experience to assist in their endeavors.
- Prior research by fellows includes ultrasound in the examination of the patient with undifferentiated dyspnea, Complications of 1st-trimester pregnancy, Carotid intima-media thickness as a marker for CAD, ultrasound assessment of soft tissue foreign bodies, ultrasound in triage, ultrasound in nephrolithiasis (NIH funded), US-guided IV access versus IO access (funded).
Fellowship Video Site Tours - Prospective Fellows can see the various Penn Medicine Sites in the following Video Presentations.
- Click here to take a tour of HUP Care Pavilion here:
- Click here to tour the Penn Presbyterian Medical Center facility here:
- Click here to tour the HUP Cedar Site here: