REDCap (Reserch Electronic Data Capture) is a secure web application that can be used to build and manage surveys and databases online. RedCap provides an efficient process for developing projects.
What are the advantages of using REDCap?
Paraphrased from RedCap's main website. This is not a Penn website.
- REDCap has a quick and easy software installation process, so that you can get REDCap running and fully functional in a matter of minutes.
- Provides audit trails for tracking data manipulation and user activity
- Automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel, PDF, and common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, and R).
- Built-in project calendar, a scheduling module, ad hoc reporting tools
- Advanced features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields.
How to Get Access to RedCap at UPenn
Go to RedCap via UPenn
Support Services for RedCap
The Clinical Research Computing Unit (CRCU) hosts a CHOP/UPenn REDCap Users’ Group. Meetings are held at 3535 Market Street and are organized by the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). To find out more about schedules please contact the RedCap Support team at email@example.com.
Additionally the Office of Clinical Research offers RedCap training in a hands on computer lab environment. Check the schedule of workshops on the OCR website for RedCap trainings that are being offered.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team