||Heredia, Costa Rica
of site institution (3-4 words):
||Spanish language study
a language requirement? If so, state language:
- Please describe your activities while abroad (eg, seeing
patients, clinical research, public health project, etc.):
Small classroom experience in Spanish language and some
Costa Rican culture, 20 hours per week. Homestay with family.
I also volunteered at a local hospital and took one medical
spanish class (2 hours, one day)--both arranged through
- Please describe the range of activities available,
in addition to yours:
- Would you recommend this institution to other Penn
medical students? Why?
This was one of many language schools in the area. I paid
to attend the school and to stay with a family in the area.
It was an effective way to learn the language and a great
- What did you not like?
- Is there an application process for this institution?
How does one arrange a visit? Are there important dates
to know about?
Everything is pretty flexible since you're paying. I'd be
happy to tell anyone what I know about language schools
in the area.
- What costs were associated with the trip, other than
transportation. Please include institutional fees, housing
costs, food, etc.:
Cost for the school and homestay was a little under
$300/week. Airfare was about $600. Additional expenses were
- Did you receive funding for this trip? If so, from
whom and for how much? Please provide important information,
such as contacts, application procedure, and due dates:
- Would you agree to be contacted by other students interested
in this site? If so, please give your name and contact information:
Home/About || Find || Enter || Planning || Events || Related
Links || Contact || Gallery
UPenn Home || School
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania