Welcome to BGSA
The Biomedical Graduate Student Association (BGSA) is the coordinating student body charged with representing all students enrolled in the Biomedical Graduate Studies program at the University of Pennsylvania. We monitor issues of importance to the biomedical graduate student community, represent the concerns of biomedical graduate students to the University administration, and advocate for changes to enhance the quality of biomedical graduate education. We also serve as a liaison among the student populations of the biomedical graduate programs and sponsor both academic and social events of interest to the biomedical graduate student community.
- Submit Merit Request
- Submit an IPF (formerly known as GAP) request
- Affinity Groups for Graduate Students
- BGS Travel Funding & Other Grants
- To email announcements to the BGS listserv on behalf of a student group, please email Rebecca Lopez.
The BGSA Executive Board is committed to representing the interests of BGS students. We meet regularly with the BGS director to discuss common issues students are having that have been brought to our attention. If you have any suggestions, questions, comments, or concerns about the website or BGSA in general, please let us know in our Student Feedback Survey.
BGSA is committed to hosting events even in these unprecedented times. We think it is crucial to have BGS students interact with one another and enjoy themselves even if it has to be in a virtual setting. While we cannot host our normal events, such as a welcome back happy hour and Halloween party, we will utilize our time and funds to continue to foster social interactions. We would like your input as BGS students as to what types of events you’d like to attend. Please fill out this Virtual Event Form to make suggestions of virtual events for BGSA to host. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- Penn Society for Psychedelic Science Seminar Series
Tuesday, April 13th, 4:00 pm
- Deadline: GAPSA’s Pilot Transcription Fund
Wednesday, April 14th
- Career Services’ April Government Chats with Graduate Alumni
Thursday, April 15th, 4:00 pm
- PSPDG SciComm Workshop Series, “Videos: How to create informative and engaging videos.”
Friday, April 16th, 1:00 - 3:00pm