Courses & Conferences
Below is a list of approved courses and conferences. Please note that final permission must be obtained from program director and chiefs as well as individual service attending prior to registration.
- AO Basic (PGY2)
- AO Advanced (PGY5)
- AO Peds (PGY4/5)
- AO Spine (PGY4/5)
- AO Hand (PGY4/5)
- FOT Upper Extremity (PGY2/3)
- FOT Lower Extremity (PGY2/3)
- S&N SAIF (PGY4/5)
- Rocky Mountain Arthroplasty Course (PGY3/Lab residents)
- Zimmer/Biomet Headquarters Trip; Warsaw, IN (All)
- AAHKS Resident Course (PGY3/4)
- AANA Resident Course (PGY4/5)
- Depuy Synthes Future Leaders (All)
DePuy Synthes will pay for each resident to attend one course per calendar year. Please refer to the instructions below:
Your attendance at any course needs to be pre-approved by the chief residents
- Contact Susan Dinella (email@example.com) to register at least 2 months in advance. Susan will pay for your flight and registration directly if you wish to avoid out of pocket costs.
- It would be very helpful if a couple of you are planning to attend the same course to let Susan know so that she can register all at once.
- Once Susan has registered, Ellena Hayes will start the grant agreement process with DePuy Synthes.
- The maximum amount per resident is $2,000 which includes for AO Basic registration cost currently $1200 leaving $800 available for airfare, lodging, ground transport, meals (no alcohol). AO Advanced registration cost is $1300 leaving $700 available for the expenses listed above. Keep in mind that costs will most likely exceed the $2,000 unless residents share the cost of a room.
- All other costs will be reimbursed after your trip by submitting itemized receipts for all expenses along with a W9 to Kristine Zgrocki (Kristina.Zagrocki@pennmedicine.upenn.edu).
- For additional questions or concerns contact Ellena Hayes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*Please note email links do not work well with certain browsers/outlook. If this is the case for you copy email into your outlook web browser