Muscle Physiology Assessment Core
- In Vitro Muscle Evaluation: Mechanical evaluation (i.e. contraction time, relaxation time, absolute twitch and tetanic forces, specific twitch and tetanic forces, Force drop after eccentric contractions (ECC), post-ECC dye exclusion studies, fatigue & recovery studies, metabolic studies (i.e. contraction mediated glucose uptake).
- In Vivo Exercise Evaluation: Rota –Rod peformance, Grip Strength, Voluntary exercise (Cages), Treadmill with uphill/downhill exercise studies, Hypoxic exercise tolerance.
- In Vivo Muscle Evaluation: Electromyograms (EMG), Nerve stimulation evoked muscle contractions for absolute twitch and tetanic forces, specific twitch and tetanic forces, Force drop after eccentric contractions (ECC), repetitive stimulations for myasthenia studies, fatigue & recovery studies. Shivering thermogenesis, muscle and brown fat heat production.
- In Vivo Respiratory Evaluation: Whole body plethysmography (Respiratory Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Volume), Hypoxic Ventilatory Response (HVR), Hypercapnic Ventilatory Response (HCVR), Hypoxic exercise tolerance, Phrenic nerve recordings with intercostals wall EMGs.
- Preparation of post-evaluation muscle / tissues for morphological analyses (for frozen, fixed and EM sections).
For more information on our Muscle Assessment Core Services, please contact us.