Congratulations to Sara on receiving a fellowship award from SNSF!
Project Title: Regulation of Adaptive Sleep Through the Antimicrobial Peptide NUR in Flies
Congratulations to Shirley on her Tenure-Track Faculty Position!
Congratulations to Nitin on his Tenure-Track Faculty Position!
The Tata Institute, Mumbai
Congratulations to Joe Bedont on his K99 Award from NINDS!
Project Title: Nitrogen Metabolism in Sleep Homeostasis and Pathology
Congratulations to Dan on receiving an F32 Award from Brain Initiative!
Project Title: Coupling Between Circadian Rhythms & Redox Signaling in Stem Cell Differentiation & Adult Neurogenesis
Congratulations to Jessica on receiving a Gilliam Fellowship from HHMI!
Congratulations to Jack on his Outstanding Thesis Defense!
Thesis Title: Endocannabinoids Protect Against Seizures in Drosophila Melanogaster
Congratulations to Greg on his Outstanding Thesis Defense!
Thesis Title: The Emerging Involvement of Glia in Sleep: Insights from Drosophila Melanogaster
Congratulations to Annika on her Tenure-Track Faculty Position!
Waksman Institute, Rutgers University
Congratulations to Shirley Zhang on her K99 Award!
Project Title: Determining the Importance of Temporal Regulation of the Blood-Brain Barrier
Collaborative Grant Awarded (with Aalim Weljie):
- Balance of sleep and circadian metabolic switches in Drosophila—R01 from NIDDK
Congratulations to Graduating Students! Outstanding Job Anna & Iryna!
Thesis Title (Anna King): Neural Circuits Controlling Circadian Rhythms
Thesis Title (Iryna Shakhmantsir): Splicing the Clock is Timeless: from Fruit Fly Behavior to Mammalian Retinal Degeneration
Congratulations to Annika Barber on her K99 Award!
Nusbaum Graduate Student Mentoring Award to Amita
Project Title: Integration of Circadian and Homeostatic Signals in a Peptidergic Circuit in Drosophila
Collaborative Grants Awarded:
- NIDDK: Impact of Daytime vs. Delayed Eating Schedule on Weight and Metabolic Markers Among Obese Persons: An Examination of Circadian Mechanisms; Collaborators at Penn: Sehgal, Goel, Allison, Taylor, Rickels
- Volkswagen Stiftung: The Fourth Dimension: Integration of time to shape co-oerativity and survival in the biosphere; Collaborators: Sehgal, Fitzgerald (Penn), Merrow, Mann/Robles and Frey in Germany
Congratulations to Joe Bedont and Anna King!
Joe Bedont and Anna King have been awarded NRSA grants.
- Joe's Project Title: Characterizing Metabolomic Links Between Sleep Deprivation and Alzheimers Disease
- Anna's Project Title: Neural Mechanisms Underlying Circadian Rhythms in Behavior