- About the Center
- Treatment at the CTSA
- Training Opportunities
- Recorded Trainings
- PE Consultant Workshop
- Intensive Workshop in Ex/RP
- Special Topics in PE: Building a Better In Vivo Hierarchy
- Ex/RP for Pediatric OCD
- Intensive Workshop in PE
- Cultural Considerations in Providing PE
- PE for Adolescents
- PE Group Consultations via Zoom
- Specific Phobias
- Suicide Risk Assessment in Anxiety
- Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder: A Two Part Series
- CTSA Center of Excellence Program
- PE Certification Program
- Ex/RP Certification Program
- Find a PE Therapist
- Find a PE Consultant
- Certified PE Trainers
- Find an Ex/RP Therapist
- Professional Opportunities
- Medical Records Requests
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Ex/RP Certification Program
The CTSA offers training and consultation that lead to certification as an Ex/RP Therapist.
Benefits of Ex/RP Therapist Certification
Increase your confidence and competence in delivering Ex/RP
- Participating in consultation to become a certified Ex/RP therapist allows you to obtain support and advice during your first cases of Ex/RP, allowing you to feel more confident that you are delivering it competently
- Ex/RP Consultants provide valuable feedback and session preparation tips that improve your competence in delivering Ex/RP
Inclusion in our online Find an Ex/RP Therapist list
- Colleagues and potential patients can access this list (organized by location), resulting in increased referrals to your agency or practice
- This list also helps to increase the availability of evidence-based psychotherapy for OCD
Ex/RP Therapist Certification Requirements
- Completion of the 4 day Intensive Workshop in Exposure and Response Prevention for OCD conducted by a CTSA certified Ex/RP trainer
- Completion of Ex/RP Consultation (at least two full Ex/RP cases under a certified Ex/RP consultant)
- Recommendation of the certified Ex/RP consultant to certify the therapist
Ex/RP Therapist Certification Process
The following training procedures and their costs apply to licensed therapists who have completed a CTSA-sponsored 4-day Intensive Workshop in EX/RP. If the EX/RP trainee is not a licensed therapist, the trainee must receive direct supervision from another licensed professional; EX/RP consultation is considered additional, expert consultation.
To achieve EX/RP therapist certification, therapists must complete one-on-one expert consultation with a minimum of two (2) completed EX/RP cases. You may complete consultation for two patients simultaneously, or separate, depending on your need.
Consultation is available every week, via telephone or video conference. Here, you can discuss your cases, receive feedback, and make plans for following sessions with a licensed, expert practitioner in EX/RP.
In addition to weekly consultation, consultees will be required to submit six videotapes or audiotapes of their sessions (3 per case) for review. Therapist is responsible for the purchase of all video and audio recording equipment (e.g. video cameras, digital voice recorders) for use in treatment and consultation. The ability to upload videos to file-sharing sites such as Dropbox and to burn CDs for patients is also required.
Upon successful completion of at least 2 full EX/RP cases, the consultant will recommend the therapist for certification as an EX/RP therapist. (Note that “successful completion” of a case is at the discretion of the consultant).
Cost of expert individual EX/RP consultation leading to certification as a EX/RP therapist is $4,500 and includes consultant review of up to 45 minutes of each of the six recorded EX/RP sessions. The cost includes consultation for up to 30 EX/RP sessions.
Certification must be complete within 1 year of the date this contract is signed.
Any questions, please contact Dr. Hillary Ammon (email@example.com).
Back to Top