The Penn Global Surgery Group (PGSG) provides a central platform that facilitates the exchange of knowledge, ideas, opportunities, and strategies within an interdisciplinary community of students, faculty, and professionals in the fields of global surgery.
- to spread awareness of the need for sustainable surgical services in low-resource settings
- to educate about current developments and challenges in global surgery delivery
- to catalyze research that contributes to the growing body of literature on sustainable health care systems for delivering surgical care
- to promote mentorship that connects current and future leaders, physicians, staff, students, and scholars in global surgery
- to fuel inter-disciplinary and inter-institutional partnerships for addressing the most complex issues in global surgery