Welcome to Biomedical Postdoctoral Programs
The University of Pennsylvania has long been recognized for its belief in the importance of education and its pursuit of excellence. The office of Biomedical Postdoctoral Programs (BPP) works to uphold this tradition by providing biomedical postdocs in the Perelman School of Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, School of Nursing, The Department of Biology at the School of Arts & Sciences, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Monell Chemical Senses Center, Swarthmore College and The Wistar Institute with the highest quality training in and outside of the labs. From its first-rate programming series to its emphasis on career development as well as personal development, BPP works to enhance the life of biomedical postdocs. In addition, BPP provides administrative support to both mentors and postdoctoral appointees so that the latter can focus on research training and professional development.
Important communications regarding the recent changes for postdoctoral trainees (includes postdoc stipends, benefits, and new policy on term limit).
- Guidance Regarding the Cumulative Five-Year Term Limit for Newly Appointed Postdoctoral Researchers and Fellows effective July 1, 2023
- Policy for Postdoctoral Trainees at the University of Pennsylvania
- FY2024 Postdoctoral Stipends
- The Office of the Vice Provost for Research memo announcing changes to stipends and benefits, effective July 1, 2023 (PDF)
- Penn Human Resources: Postdoctoral Researchers and Fellows
- Gallagher Benefit Services: Postdoctoral Insurance Plan for NRSA Fellows
If you need more information, please contact Ana-Rita Mayol, BPP Administrative Director at Ana-Rita.Mayol@pennmedicine.upenn.edu or email@example.com.