Just a reminder for those of you with Zimbra email accounts (mail.med.upenn.edu): you will not have access to your email from 7pm tonight until 6am on Monday, September 18.
As of Monday morning (9/18), email can be accessed through the web. Please be sure to bookmark mail.pennmedicine.upenn.edu today; this link will allow you to access email easily via webmail on Monday morning.
Local Support Providers will circulate on Monday morning to configure Outlook for Windows and Mac users who need program setup. Please plan to use mail.pennmedicine.upenn.edu until your machine is configured.
Additional and updated details are provided below, and all questions can be directed to your Local Support Provider by calling 215-662-7474.
Please enjoy an email-free weekend!
Jon Epstein, MD
- The migration will begin at 7pm on 9/15 and end 6am 9/18
- After 6am on 9/18, you can configure your own e-mail client (e.g. desktop Outlook, mobile devices, etc.) by following the instructions at Penn Medicine Office 365 Migration website. Otherwise, your LSP will be available to assist with the email client configuration
- All email addresses will be formatted as follows: email@example.com
- All emails, contacts, calendars will be migrated to Penn Medicine O365
- Any emails that are sent to @upenn.edu or @mail.med.upenn.edu will be forwarded for at least one year to your new email address
- If you only use Zimbra email your network username will be your Pennkey, your default password will have the following format: Welcome!#### where #### refers to the last 4 digits of your Penn ID # (Your Penn ID # is the middle set of 8 digits on your card that are bolded)
- PMACS staff will be circulating on Monday morning to set up Outlook for those who do not currently use this program
- If you are a non PMACS-supported user, please refer to your Local Support Provider or call 215-662-7474 starting Monday at 7am
- For any issues, please contact your LSP or call 215-662-7474
- Additional FAQs at: http://www.med.upenn.edu/pmacs/o365-faq.html
* Note that accessing email through mobile device will require the installation of the Intune Mobile Device Management (MDM) app. Intune is designed to remove the O365 email in case of theft or loss; it is a standard information security tool that respects user privacy and in no way collects personal data.