The Office of Research Support Services (ORSS) was established in February 2000 to promote the research endeavors of the School of Medicine Faculty. In this role, the ORSS:
- Provides assistance in developing proposals to outside funding agencies.
- Serves as a resource for the School of Medicine regarding sponsor policies and federal regulations.
- Provides training in pre and post award grants management.
- Oversees and provides support for PSOM's entire post award portfolio.
Welcome to the ORSS homepage. Look here for special announcements on the latest news from NIH, as well as notices about upcoming grant deadlines and other important information.
- 07/26/19 New NIH Requirements for Research with Human Fetal Tissue effective 9/25/2019
- 07/10/19 Requirement for ORCID iDs for Individuals Supported by Research Training, Fellowship, Research Education, and Career Development Awards Beginning in FY 2020 (NOT-OD-19-109) (additional guidance)
- 06/14/19 NIH Expanding Usage of Notices of Special Interest (NOT-OD-19-107)
- 05/21/19 Required Use of the xTRACT System to Prepare Data Tables for Training Grant Research Performance Progress Reports in FY 2020 (NOT-OD-19-108)
- 01/22/19 New 2-Step Submission for RPPR's with Inclusion Enrollment Data
- 01/02/19 NIH Implementation of the Final Rule on the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (Common Rule) (NOT-OD-19-050)