Linda White Nunes, MD, MPH
Vice Chair for Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
As Radiology’s inaugural Vice Chair for Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (IDE), appointed June 2020, Dr. Nunes is committed to fostering inclusion, increasing diversity and promoting equity within the Department as well as throughout Penn Medicine and its surrounding communities. In line with these goals, she serves as liaison to and active partner in initiatives promoted by extradepartmental entities throughout the Health System (CPUP, PSOM, AMP) and leads IDE initiatives throughout the Radiology Department. Focus for inaugural initiatives include:
- Current Work Environment – enhancing inclusion through opportunities for learning and purposeful conversation;
- Future Work Environment – increasing diversity and fostering equity and inclusion through initiatives to enhance recruitment and promote retention/reaffirmation;
- Clinical / Community – ensuring unbiased healthcare delivery within departmental walls as well as promoting initiatives to decrease healthcare and opportunity disparities in surrounding communities;
- Education – faciliting continuous education throughout the departmental workforce on IDE topics;
- Research / Innovation – directing departmental research and innovation efforts toward scientific, clinical and quality improvement projects combating racial inequities and systemic bias.
Dr. Nunes serves as a Diversity Search Advisor and on departmental strategic planning, residency program education (PEC), promotions (DCOAP) and Population Health Research / Education committees. Under her guidance, a Departmental IDE Committee including resident subcommittee has been formed and begun making progress on Departmental and Health System initiatives. In addition to Vice Chair, Dr. Nunes is Course Director for PAH-based Radiology Electives and Division Chief for PAH Abdominal Imaging. Her educational / research, scholarly pursuits include topics related to IDE and topics related to Abdominal Imaging.