Penn Medicine seeks to promote engagement with it's patient and participant community. We also encourage participation by way of presentations and consultations around clinical research.
Please contact us if you would like us to present or for us to host a table on clinical research at Penn Medicine at your local Penn Medicine or Philadelphia event.
Here are some highlighted efforts and collaborations with communities that Penn Medicine serves:
- Faith based organizations
- Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church. Watch their “Know your Numbers” campaign with a focus this year on Womens’ Health.
- Community Needs Health Assessment and Implementation - Motivated by our missions of patient care, education, and research, and in response to the needs of our community; Penn Medicine has launched a number of programs to care for our neighbors and improve the well-being of our region. Some of these are:
- Community Based Boards
- Community Outreach and Engagement Advisory Board (CAB) at the Abramson Cancer Center (ACC)
- CEAR - Community Engagement and Research Core.
- This core aims to facilitate community-based research and community engagement, while enhancing the translation of research and technological developments to key public health and community stakeholders.
To read more about Penn Medicine's overall community engagement initiatives beyond research, visit the Service in Action page